[AISWorld] 1st CFP - The 17th World Conference on Mobile and Contextual Learning (mLearn 2018) - Chicago
david at themindlab.com
Thu Mar 1 11:50:58 EST 2018
The 17th World Conference on Mobile and Contextual Learning (mLearn 2018)
Mobilized Learning: Pedagogical and Technological Innovation for Teaching
Concordia University, Chicago – 11-14 November 2018
Call for Papers
IAmLearn and Concordia University Chicago invite submissions presentations
for the 17th World Conference on Mobile and Contextual Learning (mLearn
2018). This year’s conference theme is “Mobilized Learning: Pedagogical and
Technological Innovations for Teaching and Learning.”
mLearn is the leading international conference on mobile and contextual
learning and attracts participants annually from more than 60 countries.
mLearn 2018 provides a forum for researchers, policy makers, professionals
and educators from higher education, school education and vocational
education, government departments, industries and international
organisations as well as IT developers and solutions providers to share
knowledge, research and practices, as well as debate critical issues
pertaining to sustainable futures for mobilized learning.
The objectives for the conference have been defined as follows:
• To stimulate critical debate on and research into theories, approaches,
principles and applications of mLearning.
• To share local and international practice, developments, experiences and
• To promote networking and business opportunity development.
• To showcase as well as encourage innovations in technology, products and
services, and teaching and learning..
• To facilitate dialogue, sharing and networking between diverse cultures
with regard to the optimum use of emerging technologies.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
• Gamification, serious games, and games-based learning
• Augmented reality, virtual reality, mixed reality, and wearable
technologies for teaching and learning
• Mobile apps in teaching and learning
• Innovative approaches to mobilized teaching and learning with current and
• Mobilized learning in and across formal and informal settings, including
open and distance education
• Data management, security, and analysis for mobilized teaching and
• Assessment for mobilized teaching and learning
• Machine learning and mobilized learning
• Mindfulness for mobilized learning
• Neuroscience and mobilized learning
• Social empowerment through mobilized learning
The conference programme will highlight keynote talks, symposia, workshops,
plenary sessions, parallel presentations, roundtables and debates, special
focus sessions, poster and table presentations, and technology and
Submissions for mLearn 2018 will be handled through EasyChair. All
contributions will be reviewed in a peer-review process. All accepted
papers and posters will be published in the conference proceedings. In
addition, presenters at mLearn 2018 may be invited to submit extended
versions of their papers for publication in a special conference edition of
the International Journal of Mobile and Blended Learning (IJMBL).
Full details on submission categories, and access to the EasyChair
submission portal for mLearn 2018 will be posted on the conference website
Deadline for submissions for all submission categories is April 30, 2018
More information about the AISWorld