[AISWorld] Survey help - Engaging with change: Information and communication technology professionals’ perspectives on change in the context of the ‘Brexit’ vote

Lomas, Elizabeth e.lomas at ucl.ac.uk
Sun Mar 25 11:18:43 EDT 2018

This research aims to explore the opportunities and responses to change from the Information Communication and Technology (ICT) sector in dealing with the far-reaching challenge triggered by the UK’s Brexit decision. Those professionals who work in the ICT sector and/or manage information, whether in the public or private sector, are well practised at harnessing opportunities in response to fast changing environments. Whilst Brexit is a UK decision this shift in national relationships has potentially global ramifications and therefore the study is hoping to draw in perspectives from across the globe. We hope to identify different perspectives on shifting opportunities and threats for the ICT sector in the light of Brexit.

Please do take the time to respond to this survey at https://opinio.ucl.ac.uk/s?s=54392 . This survey is being delivered by UCL and Northumbria University. It follows an earlier survey straight after the Referendum published at http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0186452
. We are grateful for the input into this earlier work. The information provided will be used to produce an open access journal article and a policy briefing for the information/ICT sector. Additional papers and newspieces may be produced. We plan to repeat the study to gather longitudinal data as the picture develops.
.
There are 21 questions (all optional). It takes 10-20 minutes to complete depending on how much you wish to write. There are no right or wrong answers to any of the questions. The survey is anonymous and no IP addresses are being collected. Whilst sample quotes may be used in publications the full data set will not be released and every effort will be made to protect personal privacy and commercial confidentiality.

We know that you are busy and appreciate your time. You can exit the survey and your previous comments will be saved so that you can go back and complete it when you have time. The survey will close on the 27th April 2018.

Please do forward on this email so that we can reach as many people as possible and tweet… Please complete survey on information/ICT professionals’ views on Brexit and change https://opinio.ucl.ac.uk/s?s=54392  #Brexit .

The research is a partnership between the iSchools at UCL (Dr Elizabeth Lomas) and Northumbria University (Professor Julie McLeod). The survey is being facilitated by Dr Elizabeth Lomas e.lomas at ucl.ac.uk<mailto:e.lomas at ucl.ac.uk>

Kind regards

Elizabeth and Julie

Dr Elizabeth Lomas
University College London