[AISWorld] New article "Lean vs. Agile Supply Chain: The Effect of IT Architectures on Supply Chain Capabilities and Performance"

Wei-Ting Chen manager.pajais at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 04:18:32 EDT 2018

Cheung, W., Chiang, A. H., Sambamurthy V. and Sethia, P. (2018). " Lean vs.
Agile Supply Chain: The Effect of IT Architectures on Supply Chain
Capabilities and Performance," *Pacific Asia Journal of the Association for
Information Systems, **10*(1), pp. 63-88.  DOI: 10.17705/1PAIS.10103

*Abstract*

The widespread use of information technology (IT) has changed the nature of
supply chain management. However, it is still unclear whether different IT
infrastructure design may affect supply chain capabilities and firm
performance. In this study, we investigated the impacts of a supply chain’s
IT architecture, which could be integration-based or standardization-based,
on supply chain capabilities and firm performance. We also examined the
effects of lean and agile supply chain strategies. We tested our research
model against data collected from 162 companies, 97 based in China and 65
in Taiwan. Our findings indicate that firms with different supply chain
strategies focus on different aspects of IT architectures. In addition,
supply chain capability is an enabler to enhance supply chain performance
through well-suited supply chain IT.

Available at:
https://journal.ecrc.nsysu.edu.tw/index.php/pajais/article/view/456