[AISWorld] Academic opportunities in New Zealand - applications closing soon

Janet Toland janet.toland at vuw.ac.nz
Thu May 3 00:31:44 EDT 2018

Professor in Information Systems (2 positions)

Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer (3 positions) in Information Systems
School of Information Management, Victoria Business School, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
https://www.victoria.ac.nz/sim

Closing date for all applications 20th May

As one of Wellington's largest employers, and the number one university in New Zealand for research quality, Victoria University of Wellington provides opportunities for rewards, recognition and development. The University has a tradition of fostering international links in teaching and research, and delivering programmes of national and international significance through tertiary-leading academic performance and support services. Thinking about a future in a culture where innovation and diversity are highly valued? Think Victoria.

We are excited to announce a number of positions are available in the School of Information Management. We are in growth mode, and open to expressions of interest from applicants interested in permanent or visiting positions. The School of Information Management is a unique grouping of multidisciplinary researchers that combines information systems and information science within a business school setting. It has a dynamic research culture with diverse research teams currently investigating areas such as security, data analytics, business analysis, sustainability, and informatics in government and the health sector. The ideal candidates are world-class researchers who wish to make a difference, and are committed to developing a high-achieving research group

The School of Information Management is a key part of Victoria Business School, and we are conducting an international search for five senior academics in Information Systems: two Professors, along with three positions at the Associate Professor/ Senior Lecturer/ Lecturer level. We are open to a team approach to recruitment.

Victoria Business School is located within the centre of New Zealand's capital city, Wellington, which was rated the world's most liveable city in 2017. We lead thinking on governance and management of resources across the private and public sectors, not just at a local level but across the Asia-Pacific region. Wellington is the innovation, policymaking and creative capital of New Zealand; we have excellent connections across business, entrepreneurship and government, and work closely with organisations such as Weta Workshop, Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment, and Intergen.

The successful candidates will have demonstrated excellent quality teaching at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels, together with strong communication skills. Appointees should also be capable of establishing solid links with industry and government, and must be able to contribute to building the international reputation of the School.

Appointees at the Professor and Associate Professor levels must be well established as senior researchers in their field and be committed to providing high-level teaching and research leadership to the School and beyond. They will be expected to mentor staff and build on the School's established research and learning innovation culture. At the Senior Lecturer and Lecturer level, appointees must be able to demonstrate both excellent research and teaching.

To discuss please contact Head of School, Dr Janet Toland janet.toland at vuw.ac.nz<mailto:janet.toland at vuw.ac.nz>