[AISWorld] AIS College of Senior Scholars Best Paper Awards for 2017

Sarkar, Sumit sumit at utdallas.edu
Mon May 14 11:21:47 EDT 2018

To Editors of IS journals,

Please consider nominating your journal's best paper of 2017 for the AIS College of Senior Scholars Best Papers Awards. The College will  be presenting the "Best IS Publications of the Year Awards" for up to five journal papers published in 2017. The official award notifications will be made at a ceremony at ICIS 2018 in San Francisco. The best papers will not be ranked. The pertinent information follows:

*Seeking nominations*
Editors-in-chief (EiCs) may nominate one IS paper from their journal published during 2017 by sending a PDF version of the paper to Sumit Sarkar (sumit at utdallas.edu<mailto:sumit at utdallas.edu>). EICs may not nominate papers for which they also serve as an author.

*Nomination deadline is June 15, 2018*

*Award criteria*
Papers must contribute to the IS field rather than simply refer to computing. The award will reflect the paper's contribution to theory in the IS field, its contribution to practice in the IS field, the uniqueness/originality of its ideas, and the quality of its arguments.

*Selection Procedure*

Members of the Best IS Publications of the Year Awards committee will oversee the selection of the five best papers (single blind), with the assistance of a panel of reviewers drawn from the AIS College of Senior Scholars (http://aisnet.org/page/SeniorScholars)

*Summary*
We herewith invite EiCs to nominate one IS paper from their journal published in 2017 for the "Best IS Publications of the Year Awards". Please send the paper in PDF format to me (at sumit at utdallas.edu<mailto:sumit at utdallas.edu>) on or before June 15, 2018.

Thanks very much.  We look forward to receiving your nominations.

Sincerely,

On behalf of the awards committee, Shirley Gregor, Chrisanthi Avgerou, and Sumit Sarkar