[AISWorld] Call for Papers HICSS MT Cyber-physical information systems

Rossi Matti matti.rossi at aalto.fi
Fri May 18 14:31:57 EDT 2018

Call for Papers
--------------------------------------
- Cyber-physical information systems -
- minitrack at HICSS 2019            -
- January 8-11, Maui, Hawaii, USA    -
--------------------------------------

Description
-----------

Data analytics allows us to reason about nearly all aspects of an enterprise
these days. In-memory data processing integrates data from various sources, such
as databases but also sensors, and allows decisions that potentially affect the
physical world again. Healthcare, Industry 4.0, supply chain management are
prominent examples of Information Systems that exploit real-time data stemming
from the physical world.
This minitrack aims at aspects that happen at the beginning and the end of
this chain of processing where we find sensor based systems that communicate,
preprocess data and allow to react to feedback. We are especially interested in
the dependencies between technology and applications. The research question
being on our mind in particular looks at new applications that are becoming
possible by specific technological platforms in the complex of cyber-physical
systems and information systems. Our attention is on missing, that is to say,
desirable or necessary features of those systems in order to promote new and
support existing applications.

Topics
------

The minitrack has a purposive broad scope, and specific areas of interest
include (but are not limited to):
• enterprise buses for cyber physical systems
• real-time enterprise engineering
• handling of uncertainty in cyber-physical information systems
• dependable and trustworthy information systems
• emerging hardware and software platforms
• sensor based applications
• driving applications and their requirements on data collection and manipulation
• application architectures
• quality of service and data quality

We encourage papers that span different topics and communities. We also welcome
experience papers that clearly articulate lessons learned and papers that
refute prior published results. Papers will be judged on novelty, significance,
correctness, and clarity. Preference will be given to papers with innovative ideas
and new approaches over papers with incremental results on well-established
problems.

Submission instructions
-----------------------
Papers have to be submitted via the HICSS submission process.
Detail about paper formatting, double blind review process and
further responsibilities of authors can be found at:

http://hicss.hawaii.edu/tracks-and-minitracks/authors/

Important dates
---------------
April 15: Paper submission begins.
June 15 11:59 pm HST : Paper submission deadline
August 17 11:59 pm HST : Notification of Acceptance/Rejection
September 22: Deadline for authors to submit final manuscript for publication
October 1: Deadline for at least one author of each paper to register for the conference

Organizers and contact
Christian Becker, University of Mannheim, Germany
Jörg Nolte, BTU Cottbus, Germany
Matti Rossi, Aalto Business School, Finland
Wolfgang Schröder-Preikschaft, FAU Erlangen, Germany