[AISWorld] Asst or Assoc Teaching Professor of MIS at WPI

Strong, Diane M dstrong at wpi.edu
Tue May 22 17:48:00 EDT 2018

Assistant or Associate Teaching Professor
MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI)
Worcester, Massachusetts, USA
The Robert A. Foisie School of Business at Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) invites applications for a full-time Assistant or Associate Teaching Professor (non-tenure track) opening in Management Information Systems (MIS). The position will commence August 15, 2018.  Rank will be commensurate with experience.  Multiple-year contracts will be considered for the appropriate candidate and funding availability.

Your Qualifications: The ideal applicant will have a PhD in MIS or a closely related area with teaching interests related to data and its storage, analysis, and use in businesses.  The applicant should be prepared to teach courses at the graduate level, specifically Innovating with Information Systems (our introductory MIS course), and perhaps Database Systems or Business Intelligence.  ABD’s may be considered.

Our Expectations: The selected faculty member will teach a total of six courses during the academic year, most likely all six at the graduate level in our MBA, M.S. in Information Technology, and M.S. in Data Science programs.  Graduate courses meet for three hours one night a week.  Some courses may be in a blended format, meeting face-to-face for 8 hours during Week 7 and Week 14 on a Friday or a Saturday with the rest of the course online.  Research, especially that leading to publication in refereed journals, is expected, supported, and encouraged.

The School: The business school is building a strong national reputation in technology-related business disciplines and fields.  We offer four undergraduate majors (including MIS), five master’s degrees (including an MBA and a M.S. in Information Technology), a Ph.D. (with a concentration in IT) and are active participants in WPI’s interdisciplinary M.S. and Ph.D. programs in Data Science. The School offers faculty members an innovative and collegial educational and research environment, outstanding students, and outstanding support for research and teaching.

The University: WPI is a selective private university with an innovative curriculum centered on engineering, science, technology, and business.  WPI is located in Worcester, MA, New England’s second largest city.  The WPI campus community is closely knit, highly engaged and instinctively collaborative.

The Location: Worcester is approximately one hour from Boston and its many cultural amenities, as well as the seashore, and is only 30 minutes from alpine skiing.  A significant attraction is the large number of technology companies and colleges and universities (13) in the area, which is ideal for dual career families.

For Consideration: Interested parties should submit a letter of application and current C.V., and make arrangements for us to receive three letters of reference.  Other supporting materials, such as teaching evaluations and published articles, are welcomed.  Materials should be electronically uploaded into the system through https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/5650.  Additional queries concerning this position may be sent to Prof. Diane Strong dstrong at wpi.edu. Application screening will commence immediately and will continue until the position is filled.

 We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or disability. We are looking for individuals who value creativity, diversity, inclusion, and collaboration.

Best regards,

Diane

Diane M. Strong, Ph.D.
Professor and Director, IT and MIS Programs
Foisie Business School
Worcester Polytechnic Institute