[AISWorld] EXPLORING SME CYBERSECURITY PRACTICES IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES -- Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce

Dave Chatterjee dchatte at gmail.com
Wed May 23 07:57:32 EDT 2018

Dear Colleagues:

I am delighted to announce the acceptance of the following cybersecurity
paper in the *Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce,
a Taylor & Francis publication* *(https://tinyurl.com/ybqqkh9m
<https://tinyurl.com/ybqqkh9m>).*

*EXPLORING SME CYBERSECURITY PRACTICES IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES*

Authors:

*Dr. Salah Kabanda, University of Cape Town, South Africa*

*Dr. Maureen Tanner, University of Cape Town, South Africa*

*Mr. Cameron Kent, University of Cape Town, South Africa*

---------------------------

*Reviewer Comments*

*Richard Biever, Chief Information Security Officer, Duke University*

"I appreciated this paper, because it covered an area of the world that is
lagging a bit in terms of cybersecurity maturity, and I believe the authors
do a nice job highlighting the challenges, including the attitudes that
make it difficult to adopt good security practices."

*Dr. Anne DeBeer, CIO-In-Residence, TechBridge Inc.*

“The topic is timely and relevant given that small to medium companies are
rapidly becoming targets for cyber attackers. Raising awareness of the
barriers to good cyber defense in developing countries contributes to an
understanding of what can be done to increase attention on the subject.”

“The research findings are enhanced and benefit from inclusion of quotes
from the interviews. Hearing first-hand comments on the challenges adds to
the authenticity of the research findings.”

The research categorizes areas and provides a framework for considering the
challenges facing SMEs which should prove useful for further research on
the subject.”

---------------------

Thanks to the efforts of the authors and a very proactive and diligent
Cybersecurity Editorial Board comprising of outstanding practitioners and
academic reviewers, we were able to complete the review process in about 90
days.

*It remains our commitment to treat every submission with great care
and respect and provide the best possible reviews in a timely manner. Do
keep in mind the Call-For-Papers on the Ongoing Cybersecurity Research
Series (https://tinyurl.com/ycfg9jl7 <https://tinyurl.com/ycfg9jl7>).*

Sincerely,

Dave Chatterjee

Senior Editor, Journal of Organizational Computing and Electronic Commerce

www.dchatte.com

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dchatte/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLb2UvuvDZY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcTQ7F8aN4U