[AISWorld] [CFP] NLIWOD-4 and QALD-9 @ ISWC 2018 - Extented Deadline - Call for Articles and Challenge Submissions
community at project-hobbit.eu
Fri Jun 1 08:40:13 EDT 2018
CALL FOR PAPERS
The 4th International Workshop on Natural Language Interfaces for Web of Data (NLIWoD) & 9th Question Answering over Linked Data challenge
Date: OCTOBER 9th, 2018 MONTEREY, CALIFORNIA, USA
The primary goal of this workshop is to bring together experts on the use of natural-language interfaces (NLI) for answering questions especially over the Web of Data. In addition, NLIWoD provides a venue for the popular Question Answering over Linked Data challenge, which is now in its 9th instalment (QALD-9).
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
* NEW focus! Dialogue systems
* NEW focus! Personal assistants
* NEW focus! Chatbots (over Linked Data)
* Question answering over Linked Data
* Deep Learning for Natural Language Interaction
* Self-wiring systems natural language systems
* Benchmarking natural language interfaces
* Term matching and entity disambiguation
* Browsing Linked Data
* Indexing for question answering
* SPARQL query pattern generation
* Schema-agnostic query generation
* Discovery of Linked Data sources
* Endpoint profiling
* Dealing with data and schema heterogeneity
* Providing justifications of answers and conveying trust
* Knowledge base design for question answering
* Language resources and NLP software for question answering
* Reasoning for question answering
* Natural language querying of RDF exposed as Linked Data
* Natural language querying of Web services
* User feedback and interaction
* Workshop papers due: June 15, 2018 (EXTENTED)
* Notification of accepted workshop papers: June 27, 2018
* Materials for the USB sticks: July 31, 2018
* Publication of workshop proceedings: August 15, 2018
* Workshops held: October 8-9, 2018
## Submission Instructions
NLIWoD solicits the submission of original research articles in two types:
* Full articles submissions (up to 16 pages) must describe substantial and original work.
* Short articles submissions (up to 8 pages) must describe an original work which may present
+ A small, focused contribution,
+ A work in progress, or
+ An interesting application case.
* Demos and posters presentations (up to 4 pages)
* All submissions must be in English and in formatted the style of the Springer * Publications format for Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS). For details on the LNCS style, see Springer's Author Instructions.
* All articles are to be submitted via EasyChair https://project-hobbit.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=00d040a1bedee64c86d8911b0&id=8fd20beb45&e=4b15f14c69
* All submissions will be peer-reviewed by the Program Committee of the workshop.
* Submissions do not need to be anonymous.
We encourage HTML submissions but are currently bound to the ISWC proceedings decision, which is still open and thus demands a PDF of your HTML page as well which needs to be formatted according to LNCS. For useful information about HTML submissions, please see https://project-hobbit.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=00d040a1bedee64c86d8911b0&id=4e06e84dc6&e=4b15f14c69
In addition to participating with innovative research, participants are cordially invited to participate with Question Answering systems. NLIWoD incorporates the 9th Question Answering over Linked Data (QALD) where users can display the capabilities of their systems using the provided online benchmarking platform GERBIL QA support by the H2020 project HOBBIT.
## Important Dates
- Training data available April 31st, 2018
- Integration of training data to the GERBIL QA platform by May 1st, 2018
- System submission due: September 1st, 2018
- System integration with GERBIL QA done: September 15th, 2018
- Publication of test data: October 8th, 2018
- Results on test data:October 9th, 2018
Please follow this link: https://project-hobbit.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=00d040a1bedee64c86d8911b0&id=816c908570&e=4b15f14c69
## System integration into the platform
To integrate your system with our benchmarking platform please follow our GERBIL QA instructions: https://project-hobbit.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=00d040a1bedee64c86d8911b0&id=2a7ed71873&e=4b15f14c69
We also provide you with a Java-based template for the webservice integration with GERBIL QA:
We will use the QALD Macro F-measure as comparison criteria on the test dataset.
Note, we will test your system in English plus other available languages.
1. Do I need to submit a paper?
=> Challenge participants do not have to submit a paper but are free to choose to submit a workshop paper to NLIWoD to present their QALD Challenge entry. (Must be submitted within the workshop deadlines)
2. Do I need to be registered for ISWC?
3. Where can I find more information about the last series?
=> Information about the last QALD challenge can be found at the HOBBIT website.
- Key-Sun Choi (KAIST, KR)
- Jin-Dong Kim (Database Center for Life Science, ROIS, JP)
- Axel-Cyrille Ngonga Ngomo (Paderborn University, DE)
- Ricardo Usbeck (Paderborn University, DE)
# Contact Information
In case of questions, please contact NLIWoD4 at easychair.org
Holistic Benchmarking of Big Linked Data - HOBBIT EU Project
Unsubscribe aisworld at lists.aisnet.org from this list:
Forward this email to a friend:
Update your profile:
More information about the AISWorld