[AISWorld] Deadline Extension: 2018 INFORMS Workshop on Data Science
tli at rsm.nl
Tue Jul 3 14:21:33 EDT 2018
The deadline for "The 2018 INFORMS Workshop on Data Science" has been extended to July 15, 2018.
The 2018 INFORMS Workshop on Data Science
Hosted by INFORMS College on Artificial Intelligence
Phoenix, Arizona - November 3, 2018
INFORMS Workshop on Data Science is a premier research conference dedicated to developing data science theories, methods, and algorithms to solve challenging and practical problems that benefit business and society at large. The workshop invites innovative data science research contributions that address business and societal challenges from the lens of statistical learning, data mining, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. The workshop invites original research addressing challenges in marketing, finance, and supply chain applications to problems in healthcare, energy, cybersecurity, social network services, privacy, credibility, etc. Contributions on novel methods may be motivated by insightful observations on the limitations of existing data science methods to address practical challenges, or by studying entirely novel data science problems. Research contributions on theoretical and methodological foundations of data science, such as optimization for machine learning and new algorithms for data mining, are also welcome.
Research Contributions May Include:
* Models for data science and predictive analytics
* Performance measures in data science with important practical implications
* Computational methods for big data, text mining, and natural language processing
* Innovative methods for social network analysis
* Data acquisition, cleaning, integration, and best practices
* Data-driven methods for cybersecurity and data privacy problems
* Prediction of rare events, anomaly detection, and fraud detection
* Methods for induction and inference with missing values
* Data-driven methods for effective risk management
* Data science for healthcare: chronic disease management, preventative care, etc.
* Data science for industrial applications: energy, education, finance, supply chain, e-commerce, etc.
* Large-scale recommendation systems and social media systems
* Visualization analytics for business data
* Mobile analytics
* Experiences with big data project deployments
* Deep learning and business applications of AI
* Paper submission Open: May 7, 2018
* Paper submission Deadline: July 15, 2018
* Notification of Acceptance: August 20, 2018
More information about the AISWorld