[AISWorld] SIGGIS - Compelling reasons to Join now!

Daniel Farkas dfarkas at pace.edu
Fri Jul 6 08:28:12 EDT 2018

 Colleagues,

Now is the perfect time to Join SIGGIS, a special interest group that
focuses on Geographic Information Systems and Location Analytics. It is
easy to join when renewing your AIS membership or by going to the AIS
Website (Login -> Manage Profile->Join a SIG).

1. Learn how GIS and Location Analytics can transform your research and
teaching by participating in our minitracks, workshops and tutorials.

2. At this year's AMCIS 2018 we will have both a Workshop for Academics and
Researchers and a Tutorial for those that want a hands-on experience:

   - *Workshop: Digital Disruption: A Workshop on the Implications for the
   Geospatial Realm*
   - *Tutorial: Social Media Operationalized for Locational Analytics: A
   Hands-on Tutorial*

3. Publish your work in our ICIS Pre-Conference Workshop Proceedings in the
AIS eLibrary.  Look for the CFP in the summer.

4. Keep in touch with like-minded colleagues through our Newsletters and
Website.

We hope to see you at one of our events!

Dan Farkas

--
Dan Farkas, PhD
Seidenberg School of Computer Science and Information Systems

Chair, AIS Special Interest Group on Geographic Information Systems (SIGGIS)