[AISWorld] CfP: Data Governance in International Neuro-ICT Collaborations; submission deadline: 31.10.2018

Bernd Stahl bstahl at dmu.ac.uk
Sun Jul 8 04:59:40 EDT 2018

[apologies for multiple postings]

Dear Colleagues,
The ORBIT Journal, the Journal for Responsible Research and Innovation in ICT is launching a call for papers on the topic of "Data Governance in International Neuro-ICT Collaborations". The call for papers is available here:
https://www.orbit-rri.org/ojs/index.php/orbit/navigationMenu/view/call-for-papers

Data governance is a key issue that needs to be considered for international scientific collaboration to be successful. We are focusing on the field of ICT and neuroscience because it raises numerous issues and questions. The use of ICT in neuroscience is confronted with a broad range of data types, including patient data, animal data and technical data. Collaboration between projects, in particular across jurisdiction can lead to a number of technical challenges but also to legal and ethical ones. Some of these issues are well explored, whereas others are still rather open (Stahl et al., 2018). The special issue aims to develop and consolidate the current discussion in this area.

The call for papers builds on a conference held in Oxford in March 2018. We encourage authors to engage with the conference and the papers presented there:
https://www.orbit-rri.org/orbit-blog/hbpconf/

Potential topics could include:

  *   Principles of data governance and/or data management
  *   Challenges of international collaboration
  *   Intellectual property, acknowledgment, and attribution
  *   Specific issues of data governance in neuroscience
  *   Technical drivers and obstacles
  *   Cultural aspects of data governance
  *   Regulation, legislation, and compliance
  *   Misuse
  *   Policy and interpretation of data governance

All submissions will undergo anonymous, double-blind review. Deadline for submissions is 31 October 2018. We are aiming for the Special Issue to be published early in 2019.
For any questions please contact bstahl at dmu.ac.uk<mailto:bstahl at dmu.ac.uk>  and tyr.fothergill at dmu.ac.uk<mailto:tyr.fothergill at dmu.ac.uk>.