[AISWorld] changes at Management Science

Chris Forman chris.forman at cornell.edu
Mon Jul 9 21:29:34 EDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

We are reaching out to you to highlight some new changes at Management Science.

As you know, Editor-in-Chief David Simchi-Levi and the editorial board at Management Science have introduced Fast Track, a submission process design to attract short papers with high quality, original, and high-impact research that is of broad interest. As this is a new submission process, there are bound to be questions. We encourage authors who are interested in submitting via Fast Track to read David's blog on the submission process (https://www.informs.org/Blogs/ManSci-Blogs/From-the-Editor/Management-Science-Introduces-Fast-Track-Submission-Process) and to reach out to the Department co-Editors with questions.

We are also very excited that we have added a Kartik Hosanagar as a third Department Editor for the Information Systems Department. With the addition of Kartik we are happy to have increased the expertise of the Department Editors across the domains of the IS field.

We have also made some changes to the AE board. We have made these changes to, among other things, expand the Department's footprint to include the development of predictive analytics that combine a methodological advance with an important and novel managerial application.

The AE board for Management Science is included below:

Alessandro Acquisti, Carnegie Mellon University
Ashish Agarwal, University of Texas at Austin
Sinan Aral, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Terrence August, University of California, San Diego
Amit Basu, Southern Methodist University
Hemant Bhargava, University of California, Davis
Wai Fong Boh, Nanyang Technological University
Pei-Yu Chen, Arizona State University
Guodong (Gordon) Gao, University of Maryland
Anindya Ghose, New York University
Brad Greenwood, University of Minnesota
Yu (Jeffrey) Hu, Georgia Institute of Technology
Panos Ipeirotis, New York University
Karthik Kannan, Purdue University
Elena Karahanna, University of Georgia
Deepa Mani, Indian School of Business
Vijay Mookerjee, University of Texas at Dallas
Gal Oestreicher-Singer, Tel Aviv University
Eric Overby, Georgia Institute of Technology
Mohammad Rahman, Purdue University
Narayan Ramasabbu, University of Pittsburgh
Sam Ransbotham, Boston College
Sumit Sarkar, University of Texas at Dallas
Param Vir Singh, Carnegie Mellon University
Prasanna Tambe, University of Pennsylvania
Huseyin Tanriverdi, University of Texas at Austin
Siva Viswanathan, University of Maryland
D. J. Wu, Georgia Institute of Technology
Michael Zhang, Chinese University of Hong Kong

Sincerely,

Anandhi Bharadwaj, Chris Forman, and Kartik Hosanagar

Department Editors

Information Systems Department
Management Science