[AISWorld] No Change for the dates of ICIS and AMCIS

Dennis, Alan R. ardennis at indiana.edu
Tue Jul 10 06:01:58 EDT 2018

Over the past few years, AIS has had several task forces looking at the AIS conference portfolio. The task forces did a detailed analysis of different options for having AIS conferences distributed over the calendar year. Last week after careful deliberation of the recommendations of the task forces and ICIS Executive Committee, AIS Council decided to have the regional conferences remain in summer and our global flagship conference ICIS remain in December.

AIS has recently added ECIS and PACIS as regional affiliated conferences and with AMCIS they comprise a set of global regional conferences that enable our members to meet colleagues within their region and present their work without extensive travel. The conferences are distributed so that ECIS is held in June, PACIS in July and AMCIS in August. This makes it possible for those eager to publish and meet in the summer across the globe to do so. ICIS will remain in December and continue to rotate around the regions so that members have a winter opportunity to exchange their ideas that balances with the three summer regional conferences.

We thank all the members for their input for the process and we recommend for all our members to visit our conferences. We also remind that there are plenty of smaller specialized conferences affiliated with AIS that offer cost effective ways of participating in the scientific dialogue.

For our four main conferences, see:

https://aisnet.org/page/Conferences

And for chapter and affiliated conferences see:

https://aisnet.org/?AffiliatedConference

Kind regards,

Matti Rossi. TP Liang, Alan Dennis

Alan Dennis
Professor and John T. Chambers Chair of Internet Systems
www.kelley.iu.edu/ardennis<http://www.kelley.iu.edu/ardennis>
AIS President Elect (aisnet.org)<https://aisnet.org/>
Editor-in-Chief, AIS Transactions on Replication Research (aisel.aisnet.org/trr)<http://aisel.aisnet.org/trr>