[AISWorld] Visiting Professor - Business Analytics for Fall 2018 @ UNT

Kappelman, Leon Leon.Kappelman at unt.edu
Fri Jul 13 20:12:10 EDT 2018

Due to the sudden and untimely death of one of our faculty colleagues, we have a one-year Visiting Professor position that was just posted today.  If you're interested, please visit  http://facultyjobs.unt.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=53305 to apply.  We ask that you please apply by Friday, July 20th if possible since we plan to fill this position by the end of this month.

We will be recruiting for the tenure-track version of this position starting in a month or two.

"Govern wisely and as little as possible." - Sam Houston
Leon A. Kappelman, Ph.D.
  Professor of Information Systems
  Chair, Information Technology and Decision Sciences Department
 Director Emeritus, Information Systems Research Center
    College of Business, University of North Texas
    Voice: 940-565-4698   Email: kapp at unt.edu<mailto:kapp at unt.edu>
  Primary Investigator, SIM's Annual IT Trends Study<http://www.simnet.org/?ITTrendsStudy>

Shailesh Kulkarni, 48, Professor of Business Analytics in the Information Technology & Decision Sciences (ITDS) Department, died suddenly on July 6, 2018.  He is survived by this wife and two young children. He worked at the University of North Texas (UNT) in the College of Business from 1999 to the present. He was well-liked by his colleagues and students. He was the ITDS Department's Master's Degrees Curriculum Coordinator, Chairman of its Curriculum Committee, and Course Coordinator for DSCI 3710 (a Business Statistics course taken by over 1,500 UNT students annually). He was nationally and internationally respected and well-known in the Operations Research community as a researcher and as an organizer for large annual conferences, including those by Decision Sciences Institute (DSI - decisionsciences.org) and Production and Operations Management Society (POMS - poms.org). He acted as the faculty advisor for the UNT Student Chapter of the Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences (INFORMS - informs.org). He also served as the Vice President of Finance and was a board member of POMS. He received his bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Bombay, and a second master's degree and Ph.D. from the University of Cincinnati. He will be missed by this colleagues and friends around the world; but most of all, he will be missed by his family