[AISWorld] Cal Poly Pomona - Assistant Professor position in department of Computer Information Systems

Mohammad Salehan msalehan at cpp.edu
Thu Aug 2 15:46:42 EDT 2018

The Computer Information Systems Department in the College of Business Administration at California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin Fall 2019.

At Cal Poly Pomona we cultivate success through a diverse culture of experiential learning, discovery, and innovation.  We demonstrate academic quality, relevance, and excellence through our teaching, learning, scholarship, and creative activities with student centered faculty in an evidence-based culture. Cal Poly Pomona is committed to being the model for an inclusive polytechnic university that inspires creativity and innovation, embraces local and global challenges, and transforms lives.

The Position:  The candidates will teach primarily undergraduate and potentially graduate level courses, publish in relevant peer-reviewed journals, and provide service to the Department, College, and University. Applicants whose work incorporates a global perspective and a commitment to diversity in higher education are particularly encouraged to apply.

Minimum Qualifications (Required):
1)     Academic and/or industry experiences in Data Analytics, such as Data Mining, Text Mining, and Big Data.
2)     Ph.D. or ABD in Information Systems or related discipline from an AACSB accredited university. ABD candidates will be considered, but must have the doctorate degree completed by August 1, 2019. Candidates with doctorate conferred more than 5 years ago must have at least two peer reviewed journal articles within the past five years.
3)     Demonstrated evidence of or commitment to research resulting in peer-reviewed journal publications.
4)     Demonstrated evidence of teaching excellence in higher education.
5)     Demonstrated evidence of a commitment to diversity through research, teaching, and service while working in an inclusive environment.

Additional Qualifications (Optional):
Academic and/or industry experiences in one or more of the following areas:
1)     Information Systems Auditing
2)     System Analysis & Design

Application Procedure:

Application materials must be submitted online via Interfolio at http://www.cpp.edu/~faculty-affairs/open-positions/. General questions can be submitted to kavonvelasco at cpp.edu. The position is open until filled. First consideration will be given to completed applications received before October 15, 2018. A completed application will consist of:
1)     a cover letter that describes the candidate's teaching and research experience and interests and that addresses the qualifications articulated in the position description;
2)     a curriculum vitae;
3)     official or unofficial transcript for each degree;
4)     a completed application form at http://www.cpp.edu/~faculty-affairs/documents/acadapplication.pdf;
5)     a Student Success Statement about your teaching, or other experiences, successes, and challenges in working or otherwise engaging with a diverse student population (approximately one page, single-spaced); and
6)     official transcript for each degree and three recent recommendation letters for finalists only.

Meet us at AMCIS 2018:
Our search committee representatives will attend AMCIS 2018 in New Orleans, LA. If you are interested in meeting with our representatives and exchanging information at AMCIS, please send a current CV to Dr. Mohammad Salehan at msalehan at cpp.edu<mailto:msalehan at cpp.edu>. You don't have to submit your application prior to the meeting.

The University: Cal Poly Pomona, one of two polytechnic universities in California, is a member of the 23-campus California State University system. Our student population of approximately 23,000 enrolls in 51 baccalaureate, 30 master's degree programs, 11 credential and certificate programs, and a doctorate in Educational Leadership, presented by 1,200 faculty. We recruit successful and career-focused students from throughout California and beyond. We are proud of our status as a Hispanic Serving Institution. We have a strong commitment to supporting scholarship, research, and student achievement. Our scenic and historic 1,400-acre campus, once the winter ranch of cereal magnate W.K. Kellogg, is located about 30 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. Southern California is one of the most dynamic economic and cultural environments in the country, and the campus is within an hour's drive of beaches, mountains, and desert. The university is committed to diversifying its faculty and staff and has made educational equity one of its highest priorities. The mission of the university is to advance learning and knowledge by linking theory and practice in all disciplines, and to prepare students for lifelong learning, leadership, and careers in a changing, multicultural world.

The College: The College of Business Administration is accredited by AACSB and has been recognized by the Princeton Review, which included us in its 2011 edition of "Best 300 Business Schools," and U.S. News and World Report that continually ranks us as one of the premier master's-level public universities in the West. One undergraduate degree is offered with several options, including Computer Information Systems. The College also supports an MBA program and a specialized graduate program in Information Assurance.

The Department: The CIS Department is nationally known for the advancement and depth of its undergraduate curriculum. The department serves approximately 930 undergraduate majors with ten faculty members. The department has a strong learn-by-doing philosophy. As part of this philosophy, many student clubs and events are associated with the department. Among these are the Wireless Telecommunications Symposium, the Western Regional Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition, and the Information Technology Competition. Additional information is available at the CIS Department website: http://www.cpp.edu/~cba/computer-information-systems/index.shtml
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of California, to maintain the excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning.  Cal Poly Pomona subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, medical condition, and covered veteran status.  The University hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States.  As required by the Clery Disclosure Act, the university's annual security report is available at http://www.cpp.edu/~police/annual-security-report.shtml. The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.

Mohammad Salehan, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Department of Computer Information Systems
Cal Poly Pomona
Tel: (909) 869-3249
Email: msalehan at cpp.edu<mailto:msalehan at cpp.edu>