[AISWorld] CALL FOR PAPERS: The 1st IEEE International Workshop on ​Technology Convergence for Smart Cities ​(TeC4C 2018)

Devki Jha (PGR) D.N.Jha2 at newcastle.ac.uk
Mon Aug 6 06:01:38 EDT 2018

[Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP]

The 1st IEEE International Workshop on Technology Convergence for Smart Cities (TeC4C 2018, http://tec4c2018.netsons.org/)

TeC4C2018<http://tec4c2018.netsons.org/>
tec4c2018.netsons.org
Overview Advances in ICT are changing the way we live and work, making our daily activities faster, easier and more reliable. Smart cities are becoming an intriguing stage for several citizens to benefit from pervasive, easy to use, and interactive services and applications.

Co-located with The 4th IEEE International Conference on Collaboration and Internet Computing (CIC 2018, http://www.sis.pitt.edu/lersais/cic/2018/index.html)
IEEE CIC 2018 - School of Computing & Information<http://www.sis.pitt.edu/lersais/cic/2018/index.html>
www.sis.pitt.edu
Internet has revolutionized the globalized society and enabled the growth of infrastructures, applications, and technologies that significantly enhance global interactions and collaborations that have significant impact on society.

October 18-20, 2018
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
http://tec4c2018.netsons.org/
TeC4C2018<http://tec4c2018.netsons.org/>
tec4c2018.netsons.org
Overview Advances in ICT are changing the way we live and work, making our daily activities faster, easier and more reliable. Smart cities are becoming an intriguing stage for several citizens to benefit from pervasive, easy to use, and interactive services and applications.

Advances in ICT are changing the way we live and work, making our daily activities faster, easier and more reliable. Smart cities are becoming an intriguing stage for several citizens to benefit from pervasive, easy to use, and interactive services and applications. From the technical perspective smart cities are the result of the integration of several technologies, that cooperate to provide seamless solutions to end users. Such technologies enable the collection, storage, and processing of data sensed from the environment and/or produced by citizens themselves; they promote social interactions and improve people's quality of life. For Instance the integration of network infrastructures along with services provided by both big players (e.g., Microsoft, Google, Apple, and Amazon) and small and medium enterprises open new scenarios for the smart city ecosystem and approaches like osmotic computing are necessary to dynamically organize and migrate resources according to the requirements of different infrastructures (e.g., load balancing, reliability, availability) and applications (e.g., sensing/actuation capabilities, context awareness, proximity, Quality of Service (QoS)).

Topics:
Workshop topics include, but are not limited to:

Deployment and autonomic management of densely interconnected and decentralised cloud infrastructures, including the extension of the fog computing paradigm to the edge of the network
Autonomic management of networking in the context of software-defined data centres
Re-allocation of resources and services across distributed computing and geographically separated infrastructures
Software Defined Infrastructure Architectures, Application Programming
Dynamic orchestration of heterogeneous resources for Smart city systems and applications
(Device, Data, Service) Discovery in Smart cities
Security and privacy preservation in Smart cities
IoT Microservices, Networking and CloudLet computing
Software-defined networking support for IoT device fleets (M2M applications)
Hybrid Sensor/Cloud networking
Smart mobility
Smart education
Smart governance
Continuous healthcare
Infrastructures, platforms, and software for Smart cities
System architectures for convergent technologies
Service & Information Orchestration/Chaining and Life Cycle Management
Software engineering methodology for the design of Smart Cities
Models and methodologies for convergent platforms
Data quality and management in convergent platforms for Smart Cities
Deployment of convergent technologies in Smart Cities

Important Dates
Submission of research papers due:           August 17th, 2018
Notification of paper acceptance:                August 30th, 2018
Submission of camera-ready papers due:    September 7th, 2018
Workshop date:                                         October 18th, 2018

Submission Guidelines:
We invite original research papers that have not been previously published and are not currently under review for publication elsewhere.
Submitted papers should be no longer than 8 pages in two-column IEEE proceeding format.  Extended version of the best papers presented at the workshopis selected for publication in the Special Issue "Holistic Technologies for Managing Internet of Things Services" on IEEE Transactions on Services Computing.

The IEEE LaTeX and Microsoft Word templates for conferences can be found at IEEE Manuscript Templates for Conference Proceedings
at http://www.ieee.org/conferences_events/conferences/publishing/templates.html.

Submissions must be made via EasyChair: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=tec4c2018

Contact
All questions about submissions should be emailed to tec4c2018 at googlegroups.com<mailto:tec4c2018 at googlegroups.com>