[AISWorld] ADFSL: RFP - Association of Digital Forensics, Security and Law

Glenn S. Dardick gdardick at dardick.net
Tue Aug 28 10:48:45 EDT 2018

Request for Proposals - Association of Digital Forensics, Security and Law (ADFSL)
Conference on Digital Forensics, Security and Law
Proceedings on the Conference on Digital Forensics, Security and Law

HTTPS://erau.edu/ADFSL
HTTPS://www.adfsl.org

As part of our effort to provide a succession plan to assure the long-term continuity for the Conference on Digital Forensics, Security and Law and the Proceedings for the Conference on Digital Forensics, Security and Law, now in their 13th year, we will begin accepting proposals from only academic organizations to acquire the conference assets (logo, etc.) along with all publishing and management responsibilities.

While not a requirement, preference will be given to those proposals that provide for continuation of the open access policy of the proceedings as well as to those organizations that have an existing relationship with BEPRESS.

Proposals should be emailed to the following:
Glenn S. Dardick
Director, ADFSL
gdardick at dardick.net<mailto:gdardick at dardick.net>

Additionally, the following has been provided to those that have already expressed an interest to submit a proposal

in order to be fair to all parties, I am providing the following information, given in response to questions already asked, to all parties that have submitted proposals and will be submitting proposals.

  1.  Right now a proposal can be pretty informal (i.e. "yes we are interested"). Basically, I am looking first to see who is interested, and then I will request a more formal proposal to address items, like plan to host, plan to manage, etc.

  1.  If you wish, I am available to speak over the following couple of weeks to answer any questions you might have.

  1.  While preference is given to BEPRESS because of the ease of transitioning (nothing would need to move), BEPRESS is not a requirement, it just means the re-inputting information into a different system if not using BEPRESS (Digital Commons). Prior to going with BEPRESS, I did install and use the OJS and OCS systems from PKP (it used PHP and MySQL and ran easily under IIS)

  1.  Research Institutes do qualify under the umbrella of academic institutions and would satisfy the academic organization requirement

  1.  re: timing - the primary purpose of sending out the RFPs is to create and implement a succession plan - this is really being done to assure the continued existence and success of the JDFSL and Conference if something were to happen to me - hit by bus, senility, etc. etc.. Seriously, there is no set timeframe, and I don't plan on dying anytime soon, but I would think a transition on January 1, 2019 or later would make sense - although timeframe really is flexible. I am of course willing to continue on during and after a transition as needed.

v/r

[cid:image001.png at 01D421A4.61D020D0]
"Verum Vacuus Praeiudicio"

Glenn S. Dardick, Ph.D., CCE (ISFCE), CCFP (ISC2)
[cce-logo]   [ccfp]
804-402-9239
gdardick at dardick.net<mailto:gdardick at dardick.net>
gdardick (Skype)

This electronic message is intended only for the use of the individual or company named above. If the intended recipient is a client, the information contained in this message is considered confidential, proprietary, privileged, and may contain client confidential information and work product. It may also contain trade secrets protected by State and Federal law. If you are not the addressee please do not copy or deliver this message to anyone. You should immediately delete the message without reading the contents and notify us by return email that the message was misdirected. I apologize for the inconvenience. Any other use of this information is strictly prohibited.