[AISWorld] Reminder: SIGGreen Pre-ICIS 2018 Workshop - (Deadline - Sept. 10th)

Pratyush Bharati Pratyush.Bharati at umb.edu
Wed Aug 29 17:56:39 EDT 2018

Dear Colleagues,

The 2018 SIGGreen annual meeting and workshop will be held at ICIS 2018 (San Francisco, USA) on December 13th, 2018. The Pre-ICIS 2018 workshop provides a forum for the breadth of sustainability research in IS and thus contributes to further developing this important IS research domain. The deadline for submissions to the SIGGreen workshop at ICIS 2018 is September 10th 2018.

We invite papers employing a wide variety of methods. We welcome empirical (qualitative and quantitative), design-oriented and theory development research papers.

Interested authors should submit an extended abstract (1-2 pages – see paper template), which will be peer-reviewed by at least two expert reviewers. Successful abstracts will be shared with other workshop participants. After the pre-ICIS workshop, authors are invited to submit a final paper (optional) incorporating feedback. Workshop papers will be published as workshop proceedings on AIS Electronic Library (AISeL).

The deadline for the SIGGreen annual meeting and workshop at SIGGreen workshop at ICIS 2018 is September 10th 2018. Please submit the extended abstracts to: SIGGreen.Submission at gmail.com<mailto:SIGGreen.Submission at gmail.com>
Information about the workshop is available at:
https://communities.aisnet.org/siggreen/new-item4/new-item2

Best,

Pratyush Bharati
Professor of Management Information Systems<https://www.umb.edu/faculty_staff/bio/pratyush_bharati>
College of Management
University of Massachusetts, Boston

Senior Editor, The Data Base<http://sigmis.org/the-data-base/>
President, SIGGreen<http://siggreen.wikispaces.com/Welcome+to+the+SIGGreen+Wiki+Homepage>, Association for Information Systems<http://aisnet.org>

Scholar Google Profile<http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=S7Jt0oAAAAAJ&hl=en>
LinkedIn Profile<http://www.linkedin.com/pub/pratyush-bharati/31/15/789>

SIGGreen Pre-ICIS 2018 Workshop

Workshop Theme: Bridging Sustainability, Society and Information Systems

SIGGreen is the AIS Special Interest Group on Green Information Systems. SIGGreen provides a platform for those in our discipline who are concerned with how information systems can help reduce human impact on the natural environment – one of the greatest challenge of your time. SIGGreen recognizes that the Information Systems (IS) discipline can have a central role in creating an ecologically sustainable society because of the field’s five decades of experience in designing, building, deploying, evaluating, managing, and studying information systems to resolve complex problems, SIGGreen’s positions are presented in its Statement on Environmental Change (https://communities.aisnet.org/siggreen/new-item5/new-item4).

The SIGGreen annual meeting and workshop will be held at ICIS 2018. The Pre-ICIS 2018 workshop provides a forum for the breadth of sustainability research in IS and thus contributes to further developing this important IS research domain.

We invite papers employing a wide variety of methods. We welcome empirical (qualitative and quantitative), design-oriented and theory development research papers.

Interested authors submit extended abstracts (1-2 pages – see paper template for details) which will be peer-reviewed by at least two expert reviewers. Successful abstracts will be shared with other workshop participants. After the pre-ICIS workshop, authors are invited to submit a final paper incorporating feedback. Workshop papers will be published as workshop proceedings on AIS Electronic Library (AISeL).

Information about the workshop will be updated at:
https://communities.aisnet.org/siggreen/new-item4/new-item2

Workshop Location
San Francisco Marriott Marquis
780 Mission Street,
San Francisco, California 94103 USA

Important Dates
- September 10th 2018: Submission of extended abstracts to: SIGGreen.Submission at gmail.com<mailto:SIGGreen.Submission at gmail.com>
- September 24th 2018: Notification of acceptance
- December 13th 2018: Workshop
-  January 31st 2019: Submission of full workshop papers for publication on AISeL (optional)

Formatting Requirements for Extended Abstracts
- Expected length: 1-2 pages
- Use Workshop Template

Workshop Co-Chairs (SIGGreen Executive Board)
Pratyush Bharati (SIGGreen President)
University of Massachusetts, Boston
Pratyush.Bharati at umb.edu

Johann Kranz (SIGGreen President Elect)
Ludwig Maximilian University
kranz at bwl.lmu.de

Stefan Seidel (SIGGreen Past President)
University of Liechtenstein
stefan.seidel at uni.li

Head of Arrangements Committee
Leona Chandra Kruse (SIGGreen Secretary)
University of Liechtenstein
leona.chandra at uni.li