[AISWorld] PhD in Business with a Concentration in Information Systems at Bentley University

Marabelli, Marco MMARABELLI at bentley.edu
Fri Oct 26 18:27:28 EDT 2018

Dear AIS Community:
Bentley University seeks outstanding applicants for our PhD program with a concentration in Information Systems, to start in August 2019 (please see also attached flyer). Preference will be given to highly qualified applicants with particular interest in conducting research on digital innovation, the management of business analytics, and the future of work.
Bentley University offers PhD programs in Accountancy and Business (with specializations in Information
Systems, Business Analytics and Management). Bentley is unique in its strong commitment to Information Systems, with three departments specializing in IS research and teaching: Information and Process Management, Computer Information Systems, and Information Design and Corporate Communications. Successful applicants would be advised by a faculty member in the department most closely aligned with the doctoral student’s interest areas, and would be encouraged to intermingle with faculty and students across all three departments and elsewhere across the University.
Bentley is a global leader in business education, located 10 miles from the heart of Boston. We are one of only
two doctoral programs in the United States located in an institution accredited by both AACSB and EQUIS, and the
only doctoral program in the United States who is a member of the European Doctoral Association in Management
and Business Education (EDAMBA). Our graduate and undergraduate programs in business are consistently ranked
among the best in the country.
The Bentley PhD program aims to prepare students for tenure-track positions at research-oriented universities. Our
PhD program is offered on a full-time basis. We support our students with free tuition and health insurance, plus a
generous stipend for the first four years, with a fifth year of funding possible. We also provide students with research and conference travel support. At Bentley, we care about the success of every student and take a highly personalized approach to doctoral education. We provide an interdisciplinary understanding of business and in-depth knowledge in a student’s chosen field. The PhD in Business includes a full range of methods and analysis courses, including qualitative and quantitative. In line with Bentley’s reputation for teaching excellence, students also attend a teaching workshop to prepare them for their future instructional responsibilities.
Consult the Bentley PhD Website (http://www.bentley.edu/offices/phd ) for more information about the PHD Program. Bentley’s PhD Program admits every other year: We are recruiting now for 2019; our next intake after that will be for fall 2021.
For more information on current faculty and their research interests, please consult these departmental web sites:
IPM Department (http://www.bentley.edu/academics/departments/information-and-process-management)
CIS Department (http://www.bentley.edu/academics/departments/computer-information-systems)
IDCC Department (http://www.bentley.edu/academics/departments/information-design-and-corporate-communication)
Applicants with specific questions about the PhD in Information Systems at Bentley are encouraged to contact:
M. Lynne Markus, The John W. Poduska, Sr. Professor of Information and Process Management
mlmarkus at bentley.edu<mailto:mlmarkus at bentley.edu> or +1-781-891-2312

For general and admissions questions please feel free to reach out to:
Patricia Caffrey, Administrative Director, Bentley PhD Programs
Pacaffrey at bentley.edu or +1-781-291-2541