[AISWorld] Faculty Positions at Drexel's College of Computing & Informatics

Boland,Kerry kb633 at drexel.edu
Mon Nov 5 16:51:13 EST 2018

The College of Computing & Informatics at Drexel University (http://drexel.edu/cci) seeks candidates with intellectual curiosity as well as technical & domain knowledge that can be translated into curriculum design, program vision, and overall teaching and scholarship. Candidates must be able to work with individuals across a spectrum of disciplines both internal and external to the College. We recognize that our success is founded upon the ambition and determination of our faculty, staff, and students. From our innovative research to our world-class education, we are passionate and excited about our endeavors as we look to the betterment of our students, and our community.

The Department of Information Science in CCI currently seeks applications to the following open-rank faculty positions:

  1.  Tenure-track faculty in Human-Centered Computing (HCC). We seek an interdisciplinary, world-class scholar with expertise and training in HCI/ User Experience and have a track record or potential to conduct domain-specific HCI research and to collaborate with others for large-scale research proposals. We are particularly interested in candidates who can cross disciplinary boundaries to collaborate with researchers in AI, Privacy and Security, Ubiquitous Computing and other research areas.

  1.  Tenure-track faculty in the broad area of Digital Content Management (DCM). We seek candidates with strong technical skills and solid domain knowledge to conduct large-scale digital content projects that will solve significant social and practical problems. Candidates with a background in semantic technologies, semantic content analysis, Web-based content analysis, digital stewardship and enterprise content management are strongly encouraged to apply.

  1.  Teaching faculty in Data Science (two positions). For the first position, we seek a leader and innovator for data science education who will help to bridge the College's data science curricula to industry demands and promote data science to a wide audience. For the second position, we seek an expert in one or more areas of data science who can teach a variety of courses in both of BSDS and MSDS curricula.

  1.  Teaching faculty in Cybersecurity. We seek candidates to teach and develop security-related courses. Candidates should have background in or knowledge of cybersecurity, cloud security, computer forensics, ethical hacking, or applied cryptography. Candidates with relevant industry experience in security or cybersecurity technology are highly desirable.

Drexel is a private university committed to research with real-world applications. The University has over 24,000 students in 15 colleges and schools and offers about 200 degree programs. It also has one of the largest and best-known cooperative education programs in the country, with over 1,600 co-op employers. Drexel's main campus is located on Philadelphia's "Avenue of Technology" in the University City District and at the hub of the academic, cultural and historical resources of the nation's sixth largest metropolitan region. The College of Computing & Informatics is comprised of approximately 60 faculty and 2,000 students.

Evaluation of applications will be conducted on a rolling basis; however, applicants should apply by January 15, 2019 for full consideration. To be considered, apply at Evaluation of applications will be conducted on a rolling basis; however, applicants should apply by January 15, 2019 for full consideration. To be considered, apply at http://apply.interfolio.com/57429.

Applications should include a cover letter, CV, letters of reference, and brief statements describing the applicant's research program and teaching interests. Electronic submissions in PDF format are required.

Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The College of Computing & Informatics is especially interested in qualified candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the academic community. Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment will be contingent upon the University's acceptance of the results of the background investigation.