[AISWorld] Announcing the Latest Issue of The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems (49:4) - More of the Best of HICSS 2018

Petter, Stacie Stacie_Petter at baylor.edu
Mon Nov 12 10:17:16 EST 2018

The most recent issue of The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems is now published in the ACM Digital Library (http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=J219).  We wish to thank Souren Paul for his work curating a group of papers that continue a special section that we began in our last issue of some of the best papers from the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS) 2018.

In this issue of The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems (Vol. 49, No. 4), learn:

- Reasons why the information systems discipline is a science in, "Philosophically Speaking..." by Tom Stafford (https://doi.org/10.1145/3290768.3290770).

- Why disciplined methodological pluralism is a response to methodological anarchy in our next installment of The Philosopher's Corner discussion related to an earlier article published by Horst Treiblmaier on Paul Feyerabend in "The Value of Philosophical Debate: Paul Feyerabend and his Relevance for IS Research " by Michael D. Myers (https://doi.org/10.1145/3290768.3290771).

- What happens if people are communicating in non-cooperative contexts in "Rethinking Media Synchronicity Theory: Examining the Cooperative Assumption " by Jaime B. Windeler, Andrew Harrison (https://doi.org/10.1145/3290768.3290772).

- Factors that affect social media usage in "Will Digital Fluency Influence Social Media Use?: An Empirical Study of WeChat Users" by Yan Li, Hua (Jonathan) Ye, Aoyan Liu, Xueping Yang, and Xinwei Wang (https://doi.org/10.1145/3290768.3290773).

- How to develop processes for engaged learning in online graduate-level courses in "Simulating Experiential Learning in Professional Online Courses" by Susan Gasson and James Waters (https://doi.org/10.1145/3290768.3290774).

- Promoting and sharing insights from academic articles in "Academic Social Network-Based Recommendation Approach for Knowledge Sharing" by Pengfei Zhao, Jian Ma, Zhongsheng Hua, and Shijian Fang (https://doi.org/10.1145/3290768.3290775).

To read these articles or access prior issues of The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, visit the ACM Digital Library (http://dl.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=J219).  For more information about how to submit your work to The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems, visit www.TheDataBase.org<http://www.TheDataBase.org>.

Are you planning on attending ICIS 2018 in San Francisco? If so, please join us at the SIGMIS Reception on Wednesday, December 12 (see ICIS schedule for details) or at The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems exhibit booth during the conference. At our exhibit booth, you can meet the editors-in-chief and members of our editorial board. See you there!

Sincerely,

Stacie Petter & Tom Stafford

Editors-in-Chief, The Data Base for Advances in Information Systems

editors at thedatabase.org<mailto:editors at thedatabase.org>