[AISWorld] Loretta Rogers Research Chair in Digital Enterprise @ Ryerson University in Toronto, Canada

agruzd at gmail.com agruzd at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 11:09:03 EST 2018

Dear Colleagues,

If you are doing research in digital enterprise, the Ted Rogers School of
Management at Ryerson University just posted the following opening. Please
share it with any interested colleagues.

Loretta Rogers Research Chair in Digital Enterprise

The Ted Rogers School of Management (TRSM) at Ryerson University in the city
of Toronto on the territory of the Anishinaabeg, Haudenosaunee, and Huron
invites applications for a Loretta Rogers Research Chair in Digital
Enterprise. The selected Research Chair will be appointed as a tenured
faculty member (at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor) starting
July 1, 2019, subject to final budgetary approval. The Research Chair will
be appointed for a 5-year term, with the possibility of renewal.

Established in 2007, and made possible through a significant leadership gift
from the Rogers family, the Loretta Rogers Research Chair Program aims to
attract outstanding scholars to advance and enrich innovative and societally
relevant research and learning experiences at TRSM.

We are seeking an eminent scholar to join our research and innovation
environment, bringing experience and a deep understanding of the theories,
practices, techniques, tools and issues surrounding digital transformation
of organizations into "digital enterprises" ready to operate in the "digital
ecosystem". This opens the door to a research program that is original,
innovative, and interdisciplinary. The successful candidate will help
clarify overlapping research interests in fields as diverse as information
technology management, entrepreneurship and strategy, law and business,
management studies, retail and marketing management, and health service
management; and bring together some of the brightest minds to frame the
relevant issues and find creative solutions.

The ultimate value of this Loretta Rogers Research Chair lies in its
potential to create and mobilize knowledge and contribute to industry,
policy and society in highly impactful ways. It is expected that this Chair
will contribute to the developing outcomes that respond to the changing
nature of organizations driven by digital transformation.

Ryerson University and the Ted Rogers School of Management

About Ryerson

Ryerson University is known for innovative programs built on the integration
of theoretical and applied learning. More than 100 undergraduate and
graduate programs are distinguished by a professionally focused curriculum
and strong emphasis on excellence in teaching, research and creative
activities. Ryerson is also a leader in adult learning, with the largest
university-based continuing education school in Canada. Ryerson University
is located in the multicultural heart of downtown Toronto.

About Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University

Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University (TRSM) is developing
collaborative, creative leaders who will drive 21st century business forward
while making a positive impact on society. Home to nearly 10,000 students
and more than 250 industry-connected faculty, TRSM is Canada's leading
diverse, entrepreneurial business school centred in an urban learning
environment. TRSM offers 12 Bachelor of Commerce degrees, two Bachelor of
Health Administration degrees, the Ted Rogers MBA, Professional Masters
Diplomas, Executive Education courses, a Master of Science in Management, a
Master of Health Administration (Community Care) and is developing a PhD
program in Management. TRSM is also home to several innovative research
centres, including the Social Media Lab and the Institute for Innovation and
Technology Management.TRSM is accredited by AACSB, and is an Advanced
Signatory of Principles for Responsible Management Education and a Member of
EFMD.

Located in the heart of downtown Toronto's diverse business community, our
Bay Street location reinforces our strong links to the heart of corporate
Canada. With an emphasis on relevant curriculum and excellence in teaching
and research, our Schools continue to demonstrate their commitment to
innovation and program quality by combining academic rigour with real-world
learning. To learn more about our Schools, please visit
<http://www.ryerson.ca/tedrogersschool/> www.ryerson.ca/tedrogersschool/

Responsibilities

The incumbent will be expected to: develop and maintain a strong,
independent, externally-funded and internationally recognized research
program; mentor and collaborate with colleagues on research grants and
publications; publish in highly ranked journals; supervise graduate
students; teach at undergraduate and graduate levels; and engage in
collegial service.

Qualifications

Candidates must demonstrate international recognition in their fields, as
well as capacity as chair holders to attract, develop and retain excellent
trainees, students and future researchers. Accordingly, candidates shall be
assessed for excellent world-class research of high quality that is
original, innovative and particularly creative.

Candidates must have a demonstrated commitment to upholding the values of
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion as it pertains to service, teaching, and
scholarly, research or creative activities and will be expected to
demonstrate their ability to work with a diverse student population.
Candidates shall hold a strong research profile (e.g., evidence of a
recognized scholarly record, ability to establish and maintain an
independent, externally funded research program), evidence of high-quality
teaching and student training, and a capacity for collegial service. The
following are expectations of the successful candidate:

*       a PhD in Information Systems, Management, or other relevant
discipline;

*       demonstrated expertise in areas such as business analytics,
artificial intelligence, information security, enterprise architecture, IT
strategy/change management, and/or other relevant specialized areas in
management;

*       strong research profile with evidence of peer reviewed
publications/contributions in high quality outlets;

*       demonstrated ability to establish and maintain an independent,
externally funded research program (and/or participation in partnership
grants and/or ability to attract multi-institutional grants) of an
internationally competitive caliber;

*       evidence of commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion in their
research;

*       evidence of research collaborations or strong potential/ability to
attract industrial and community collaborative initiatives; demonstrated
attention to equity, diversity and inclusion in those collaborations or
initiatives;

*       demonstrated experience in undergraduate and graduate course
development and teaching; and

*       a strong record of effective student teaching and research training,
which demonstrates how the candidate upholds the values of equity, diversity
and inclusion in areas such as teaching, training and team building.

Equity at Ryerson University
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path
to become Canada's leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to
this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as fundamental
to our institutional culture. Our current
<https://www.ryerson.ca/provost/academic-plan/> academic plan outlines each
as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.

Ryerson University welcomes those who have demonstrated a commitment to
upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and will assist us
to expand our capacity for diversity in the broadest sense. In addition, to
correct the conditions of disadvantage in employment in Canada, we encourage
applications from members of groups that have been historically
disadvantaged and marginalized, including First Nations, Metis and Inuit
peoples, Indigenous peoples of North America, racialized persons, persons
with disabilities, and those who identify as women and/or 2SLGBTQ+. Please
note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however,
applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
As an employer, we are working towards a people first culture and are proud
to have been selected as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers and a
Greater Toronto's Top Employer for 2015, 2016 and 2017. To learn more about
our work environment, colleagues, leaders, students and innovative
educational environment, visit  <http://www.ryerson.ca/> www.ryerson.ca,
check out  <https://twitter.com/RyersonU> @RyersonU,
<https://twitter.com/RyersonHR> @RyersonHR and
<https://twitter.com/ryersoneci?lang=en> @RyersonECI on Twitter, and visit
our  <https://www.linkedin.com/school/ryerson-university/> LinkedIn company
page.

How to apply

Applicants should submit their application online via the
<https://hr.cf.ryerson.ca/ams/faculty/preview.cfm?posting_id=519105> Faculty
Recruitment Portal
(https://hr.cf.ryerson.ca/ams/faculty/preview.cfm?posting_id=519105 ). The
application must contain the following:

*       A letter of interest and curriculum vitae.

*       3 recent research publications directed to the aforementioned fields
of expertise.

*       A detailed research plan of no more than 5 pages.

*       A statement of teaching and evidence of research training (e.g.,
supervision and mentorship of graduate students and other highly qualified
personnel) in relevant fields.

*       The contact information of three individuals who may be contacted
for references.

Please indicate in your application if you are a Canadian citizen or a
permanent resident of Canada.

Ryerson recognizes that scholars have varying career paths and that career
interruptions can be part of an excellent academic record. Candidates are
encouraged to provide any relevant information about their experience and/or
career interruptions to allow for a fair assessment of their application.
Search committee members have been instructed to give careful consideration
to diverse experiences and knowledge, and be sensitive to the impact of
career interruptions in their assessments.

Confidential inquiries can be directed to the search committee chair, Dr.
Hong Yu,  <mailto:hongyu at ryerson.ca> hongyu at ryerson.ca. Review of
applications will begin after January 14, 2019, and will continue until the
position is filled. We thank applicants in advance for their applications;
however, only applicants under consideration will be contacted about their
candidacy.

It is critical to Ryerson's success to remove barriers and correct the
conditions of disadvantage in Canada for under-represented groups. For this
reason, by separate communication we will be inviting all applicants to
voluntarily complete an online Diversity Self-ID questionnaire. The
information collected will remain confidential. The communication will
provide details on who will have access to the data and how it will be used.

Any inquiries regarding accessing the Faculty Recruitment Portal can be sent
to Laurie Shemavonian, M.Ed., HR Advisor, at  <mailto:lshemavo at ryerson.ca>
lshemavo at ryerson.ca. Indigenous candidates who would like to learn more
about working at Ryerson University, the city and the Indigenous community
are welcome to contact Ms. Tracey King, M.Ed., Aboriginal HR Consultant,
Aboriginal Recruitment and Retention Initiative, at
<mailto:t26king at ryerson.ca> t26king at ryerson.ca.

This position falls under the jurisdiction of the Ryerson Faculty
Association (RFA) and relevant information can be found as follows:

*       RFA Website:  <http://www.rfanet.ca/> www.rfanet.ca.

*       RFA Collective Agreement:
<https://www.ryerson.ca/content/dam/faculty-affairs/rfa-collective-agreement
/RF%20A_CA_2015_to_2018.pdf>
https://www.ryerson.ca/content/dam/faculty-affairs/rfa-collective-agreement/
RF A_CA_2015_to_2018.pdf

*       RFA Benefits:
<http://%20https/www.ryerson.ca/hr/employee-resources/rfa/full-time-LTF/bene
fits/>
https://www.ryerson.ca/hr/employee-resources/rfa/full-time-LTF/benefits/

Ryerson University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our
community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further
diversification of our staff, our faculty and its scholarship including, but
not limited to, women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, persons with
disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but
applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.