[AISWorld] Please join us for the 4th Post-ICIS SIG Social Inclusion Research Workshop in San Francisco

Michelle Carter michellescarte at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 12:47:37 EST 2018

Dear Colleagues,

Please join us for the 4th Post-ICIS SIG Social Inclusion Research
Workshop: SOCIAL INCLUSION AND THE INTERNET OF PEOPLE, DATA, AND THINGS

WHERE: San Francisco Marriott Marquis

WHEN: Sunday, December 16, 2018, 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm

THEME: In the 2018 Post-ICIS research workshop, SIGSI casts a social
inclusion lens on the permeation in our lives of digital and mobile media
and the interplay of people, data, and things. In a world, where we are
always connected with other people and communities, and interacting with
digital and mobile media has become integral to everyday life and routines,
it is imperative that we understand the role of these technologies in
individuals’ and groups’ full participation in the normal, normatively
prescribed, activities of the societies in which they are embedded.

The workshop will include a keynote address, lightning talks, and
roundtable discussions of submitted work.  *It is not necessary to have
submitted a paper or a research idea in order to attend the workshop.*

REGISTER

Register for the workshop via:
https://aisnet.org/store/ViewProduct.aspx?id=12417015

Until Nov. 30th, regular fees are: AIS Member, $85; AIS Student, $30; AIS
Professional or Non-AIS, $110.

>From Dec. 1st and onsite registration: AIS Member, $100; AIS Student, $35;
AIS Professional or Non-AIS, $125.

The registration fee includes buffet lunch, coffee/tea, and flash drive.

PROGRAM

1:00 – 1:30 pm

Registration/Networking, with buffet lunch

1:30 – 1:40 pm

            Opening Remarks/Keynote Introduction: Jaime Windeler, SIGSI
President

1:40 – 2:10 pm

Keynote: Professor Fay Cobb Payton, North Carolina State University

2:10 – 3:00 pm

            “Ignite” session – lightning talks

3:00 – 3:15 pm

            Short Break with Refreshments (coffee/water)

3:15 – 4:45 pm

            Roundtable Session and Roundtable Chairs’ Feedback

4:45 – 5:00 pm

            Concluding Remarks: Jaime Windeler, SIGSI President

5:00 pm

            SIG Social Inclusion Business Meeting

WORKSHOP COMMITTEE

For information contact the 2018 workshop committee:

Hala Annabi, hpannabi at uw.edu

Michelle Carter, michelle.carter at wsu.edu

Emma Coleman, emma.coleman at wits.ac.za

Lakshmi Iyer, iyerls at appstate.edu