[AISWorld] HICSS-52: Call for Nomination - ISSIP-IBM-CBA Student Paper Awards “Let’s Move the Field Forward” Deadline for Nomination: Dec. 15, 2018

Haluk Demirkan haluk at uw.edu
Wed Nov 21 14:17:53 EST 2018

Dear Friends and Colleagues,
First of all happy holidays and Thanksgiving. I know it is little late in the process, but we are able to receive final commitments and to announce the 3rd Student Best Paper Award Program for HICSS 2019. If you have a paper (or know someone who has a paper) that is being accepted for a presentation for HICSS 52 (HICSS 2019) that includes a student and an industry partner, please nominate this paper by spending only 5 minutes of your time. We received matching funds from multiple organizations, and our $ award may help out students’ travel expenses.
For more information, please review http://hicss.hawaii.edu/program-hicss52/issip-ibm-cba-student-paper-awards/
Best regards
Haluk
ISSIP, IBM and CBA collaborated to promote and disseminate research and applications among academicians and professionals interested in theory, methodologies and applications in major understanding of smart/wise service systems (artificial intelligence, intelligence augmentation, collaborative intelligence, cognitive, wisdom, cloud & fog computing, business analytics, big data, mobile, social, security, internet of things, digital transformation, service science, service innovation, block chain etc.). The awards also can encourage a cultural shift by scholars toward explicit recognition of their collaboration with industry practitioners and demonstrate the benefits of such interaction for scholarly research.
•       The ISSIP (http://www.issip.org/) is a non-profit organization co-founded by IBM, Cisco & HP to promote human-centered “smart” services for value and outcome.
•       IBM (https://www.ibm.com/us-en/) is an American multinational technology company. For more than a century IBM has been dedicated to every client's success and to creating innovations that matter for the world.
•       The vision of CBA (http://www.tacoma.uw.edu/cba) is to be the premier inter-disciplinary university center for business innovation at the interface of data, analytics and smart machines.

Haluk Demirkan
Milgard Endowed Professor of Service Innovation & Business Analytics, Milgard School of Business, University of Washington – Tacoma
Founder & Director of Center for Business Analytics, and Master of Science in Business Analytics
Co-Founder & Board of Director, International Society of Service Innovation Professionals (www.issip.org<http://www.issip.org/>)
Track Chair for Analytics, Mobile & Service Science at HICSS (www.hicss.hawaii.edu/<http://www.hicss.hawaii.edu/>)
Phone: 1-253-692-5751 fax: 1- 253-692-4523; 1900 Commerce Street, Box 358420; Tacoma, Washington 98402-3100
Smart Service Innovation, Digital Transformation - Maestro (https://www.linkedin.com/in/halukdemirkan)
Innovation & Analytics Evangelist (https://twitter.com/profhaluk)
Google Scholar (http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=3qNp62MAAAAJ)