[AISWorld] PhD program at the University of Arkansas

Pankaj Setia PSetia at walton.uark.edu
Thu Nov 22 11:34:44 EST 2018

Dear Colleagues

We are now accepting applications for admission to our Ph.D. program. Please connect your students interested in pursuing a Ph.D. with us, in case someone may find their calling in our program.

The information systems (ISYS) department at the Walton College, University of Arkansas is ranked amongst the leading programs based on publications in leading IS journals-Information Systems Research (ISR) and MIS Quarterly (MISQ). Senior scholars in the department are committed to the growth of young Ph.D. scholars.

A degree from the information systems (ISYS) Ph.D. program within Walton College offers students many opportunities. These include:
*          Access to organizations such as Wal-Mart, Tyson Foods, IBM, and Microsoft
*          Access to a state-of-the-art Behavioral Business Research Lab
*          A department often ranked in top-5 based on publications in the two IS journals- ISR and MISQ
*          Information Systems Graduate Student Association
*          Opportunities for collaborative research with faculty
*          Travel support for presenting at top conferences in our field: ICIS, AoM, HICSS, AMCIS.
*          Student placements: In the past, our students have been placed at various universities, such as University of Pittsburgh, HEC-Montreal, Indiana University, University of Cincinnati, Oklahoma State University, amongst others
*          Access to our world-class Enterprise Systems infrastructure
*         Live and work in one of the best college towns in the nation     https://walton.uark.edu/about/fayetteville.php
Our research areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, Business Analytics/Intelligence, Enterprise Systems, Ethics in IS, Healthcare IT, Knowledge Management, Neuro-IS, Open Source Development, Organizational Impacts of IT, Social Media, Social Networks, Strategic Management of IS, Technology Implementations in Developing Countries, User Acceptance of Information Technology, and Technology Adoption and Diffusion. Details about our faculty are available here: https://information-systems.uark.edu/directory.php?dept=isys.

We accept applications through January 15th and students may look for more information about our program here: https://information-systems.uark.edu/phd.php.
Please share with students, friends, or colleagues, as appropriate.

Best Regards
Pankaj
Pankaj Setia
Executive Director of ISYS Ph.D. Program and Associate Professor
Information Systems Department
224, Business Building
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR- 72701