[AISWorld] [SUSPICIOUS] ICIS 2018: Marriott and union representatives reach agreement

Richard Baskerville baskerville at acm.org
Mon Dec 3 19:00:54 EST 2018

Dear Colleagues,

The San Francisco Chronicle is reporting that Marriott Hotels and
striking hotel workers reached a contract agreement today, ending the
industrial action.  The paper reports, "Workers were set to vote to
ratify the agreement on Monday, and if it passes, they would return to
work on Wednesday, said Anand Singh, president of Unite Here Local 2,
which represents hotel workers.  ... 'We think it meets all of our goals
and expectations'.

"The San Francisco strike encompassed some of the city’s largest hotels,
including the Courtyard Marriott Downtown, the Marriott Marquis, the
Marriott Union Square, the Palace Hotel, the St. Regis, the W, and the
Westin St. Francis." (San Francisco Chronicle 3 Dec 18).

The hotel has stated to us that Marriott Hotels has come to a tentative
agreement with Unite Here Local 2 in San Francisco.  It will take 24-48
hours to ratify and have a definite agreement.

We’ll keep everyone updated once we get the official word that it’s
definite.

ICIS 2018 will be held at the Marriott Marquis in San Francisco.

Cheers,

Richard and Rob