[AISWorld] Call for Participants: NSF funded Online Training with Stipend Support in Spring 2019 on Big Data

Jianwu Wang jianwu at umbc.edu
Thu Dec 6 21:26:59 EST 2018

    Funded as an NSF grant to train graduate students, post-docs, and early-career faculty/researchers on "Big Data + High-Performance Computing + Atmospheric Sciences", our training program is a new NSF-funded initiative in big data applied to atmospheric sciences and using high-performance computing as a vital tool. The training consists of instruction in the areas of data, computing, and atmospheric sciences supported by teaching assistants, followed by faculty-guided project research in a multidisciplinary team of participants from each area. Participants around the nation will be exposed to multidisciplinary research experiences and have the opportunity for significant career growth.

    Extending on top of the face-to-face training we had in 2018, we will offer an online course in Spring 2019 (Weekly from 01/28/2019 to 05/17/2019). We welcome graduate students, post-docs, and early career faculty from US institutes to apply. Each person who finishes the program will receive $1,500 stipend. Application deadline is 01/01/2019. The flyer of the program is at http://cybertraining.umbc.edu/docs/UMBC_CyberTraining_Spring_2019.pdf <http://cybertraining.umbc.edu/docs/UMBC_CyberTraining_Spring_2019.pdf> and more information can be found at http://cybertraining.umbc.edu/ <http://cybertraining.umbc.edu/>. Please contact us at cybertraining at umbc.edu for questions and inquiries.
    This training is funded by the NSF under OAC-1730250 "CyberTraining: DSE: Cross-Training of Researchers in Computing, Applied Mathematics and Atmospheric Sciences using Advanced Cyberinfrastructure Resources" under the solicitation Training-based Workforce Development for Advanced Cyberinfrastructure (CyberTraining).

    You are welcome to disseminate the opportunity to your colleagues and students. Thanks a lot!

--
Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang, Ph.D.