[AISWorld] NEW THIS YEAR - AMCIS Social Project

Garfield, Monica MGarfield at bentley.edu
Thu Dec 13 13:57:39 EST 2018

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D492EB.CF1162E0]AMCIS Social Project

AMCIS 2019 is introducing a new and exciting initiative as a part of an effort to expand its impact and leave a positive footprint in the communities we visit. This initiative is a Social Project that is not geared towards raising money for a good cause but focused on what we do; developing technology-based solutions for issues affecting businesses and communities in the rural Mayan areas near Cancun. Moreover, this is not a project to be executed merely by the Organizing Committee but by AIS members and their students. And to be performed during the entire year; not only during the conference.

Invitation
All AIS members and their students are invited to participate in this exciting and forward-looking Social Project. If you are interested, please contact Lakshmi Iyer (iyerls at appstate.edu), Marina Kriscautzky-Laxague (mkriscau at unam.mx), or Babita Gupta (bgupta at csumb.edu) at your earliest convenience.

Description
After some research, the AMCIS 2019 Social Project Co-Chairs have identified 3 potential beneficiaries of this initiative. They are: Community of Nuevo Durango<https://amcis2019.aisconferences.org/community-of-nuevo-durango/>, Bacalar Region Community<https://amcis2019.aisconferences.org/bacalar-region-community/>, and City of Joy<https://amcis2019.aisconferences.org/city-of-joy/>. Moreover, each of these groups has many needs and benefit from different and multiple technology-based projects. We do not expect to do all the potential projects nor be able to help all three communities but we developed a portfolio of projects so that AIS members and their students could look at different options in which they can participate.

To Sign-up please review this 2019 AMCIS Social Footprint Project Sign-up<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v6HItxB2EvrK2fHG6OAVmMi8AmvhP1oZkzTmeE6825A/edit#gid=1705063417> sheet that provides instructions. You can contact any one of the Social Footprint Project Co-Chairs:

See more at: https://amcis2019.aisconferences.org/social-project/

Dr. Monica J. Garfield                                                         175 Forest Street
Professor                                                                              Waltham, MA 02452 USA
CIS Department                                                                   781-891-2910
Bentley University                                                                mgarfield at bentley.edu