[AISWorld] AIS Fellow Dr. Joey George named Associate Dean for Research at the Ivy College of Business

Davis, James A [SCIS] davis at iastate.edu
Thu Jan 3 23:01:16 EST 2019

Dear AIS community -

On behalf of the Ivy College of Business at Iowa State University, I'm pleased to share that our colleague Dr. Joey George, John D. DeVries Endowed Chair in Business and a professor of information systems, has been named associate dean for research at the Ivy College of Business.  Dr. George is a fellow of AIS and a recipient of the AIS LEO Award for Lifetime Achievement in Information Systems.  We're excited to have Dr. George leading the research mission of the Ivy College of Business!

Warmest regards,

Jim Davis, Interim Associate Chair, Supply Chain & Information Systems
Ivy College of Business
Iowa State University

[Ivy Wordmark_stack_left_red]

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, January 3, 2019
Contact: Michele Appelgate, 515-294-5800, michelea at iastate.edu<mailto:michelea at iastate.edu>

New associate dean named at the Iowa State University Ivy College of Business
Ames, Iowa — Joey George, the John D. DeVries Endowed Chair in Business and a professor of information systems, has been named associate dean for research at the Ivy College of Business.

“I’m excited about this new opportunity,” George said. “My goal is to help provide faculty and doctoral students with the resources they need to be successful researchers, which in turn improves the quality of the college's research overall.”

Known for his research in the area of online deception, George has been with the college since 2011. He has served as the director of the Ivy PhD program since 2013 and interim academic director of the college’s Business NeuroLab since 2015.

In this new role, George will continue to oversee the doctoral program and the college's research labs.  In addition, he will help faculty find and secure external funding, manage academic personnel policies, oversee faculty orientation and mentoring, act as the college's data steward, oversee the college's information technology efforts, and manage the college's strategic plan.

“I cannot think of a more qualified person to lead these important efforts for the college,” said Raisbeck Endowed Dean David Spalding. “Joey is an extremely talented professor who is highly respected around the world. He has 32 years of experience at four different universities. He has served as a department chair and president of his discipline’s professional association. He is experienced in leading doctoral programs, international conferences, and academic journals. I look forward to working with Joey in this new capacity.”

About Joey George
Education

  *   PhD in management, University of California, Irvine, California, 1986
  *   M.Ed., Converse College, Spartanburg, South Carolina, 1980
  *   A.B., Stanford University, Stanford, California, 1979

Awards

  *   Association for Information Systems LEO Award for Lifetime Achievement in Information Systems, 2014
  *   Senior Member of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), 2017
  *   2018 Ivy College of Business Faculty Outstanding Achievement in Research Award, 2018
  *   Fellow of the Association for Information Systems, 2008

About the Ivy College of Business

At the Debbie and Jerry Ivy College of Business, we offer a wide variety of programs to maximize student potential, connect students with professionals through case competitions, interactive learning, study abroad, internships, and ultimately successful employment. We continuously add valuable programs that benefit students and their future employers, including an undergraduate major in actuarial science, a master of real estate development, and an executive MBA — all beginning in fall 2019. Our part-time MBA program was voted the 2018 Best MBA Program in Des Moines by Business Record readers. We’re proud to offer the highest ranked full-time MBA program in Iowa. We are in the top 2 percent of business schools in the world to be accredited in both business and accounting by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).