[AISWorld] Harnessing the Power of Augmented Intelligence and Augmented Cognition (Panel Discussion at HICSS 52)

Sangseok You sangyou at umich.edu
Fri Jan 4 11:54:23 EST 2019

We invite you to participate in a panel discussion on Intelligence
Augmentation at HICSS 52 <http://hicss.hawaii.edu/ <http://hicss.hawaii.edu/>>.

Title: Machine Aided Work: Harnessing the Power of Augmented Intelligence
and Augmented Cognition

Time: 10:45am - 12pm, January 8th, 2019
Room: Hibiscus 3

This panel discusses the conceptual and practical implications of computing
technologies enhancing our work, decision-making, and cognitive process.
Invited panels from areas of artificial intelligence, augmented
intelligence, robotics, and augmented cognition will share their findings
and thoughts on how to better understand and harness the power of such
technologies in our workplaces.

The panel discussion encompasses the wide range of topics including, but
not limited to:

  - Algorithms and the large-scale behavioral data enhancing
  decision-making in firms
  - The potential impacts of humanizing artificial intelligence embodied
  in physical forms (i.e., robots) in workspaces
  - Psychological and emotional effects of interacting with intelligent
  agents
  - The use of AI and IA beyond individuals and its consequences in
  organizations
  - The augmentation of cognition, emotion, and creativity with artificial
  intelligence

Invited Panelists:

  - Alan R. Dennis <https://kelley.iu.edu/ardennis/ <https://kelley.iu.edu/ardennis/>> (Indiana University)
  - Joseph (Joe) Valacich