[AISWorld] CFP - First Pre-ECIS Workshop on The What and How of User-centered Gamification Designs

Janson, Andreas, Dr. andreas.janson at uni-kassel.de
Tue Jan 22 10:26:12 EST 2019

(Apologies for cross-postings)

CALL FOR PAPERS

Workshop - The what and how of user-centered gamification designs - European Conference on Information Systems 2019 (www.ecis2019.eu) in Stockholm, Sweden

http://ecis2019.eu/programme/workshops-and-tutorials/the-what-and-how-of-user-centred-gamification-designs-1.421401

ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
The use of games in IS has increased at an astounding pace and led to inspiring trends, one being gamification which counts among the most prominent developments in the last years. However, there is some need for further research especially about how to make gamification approaches more user-centered. Especially referring to the adaption of gamification to the needs of users, the mechanisms behind gameful design and gamification are still not fully understood. The goal of the workshop is to discuss how gamification concepts can be better adapted to the needs and interests of users. We therefore welcome interested researchers that have experiences in adapting gamification to the needs of users to make gamification concepts more meaningful to them. Based on the experiences of the IS/HCI community, we want to identify the pillars for a user-centered gamification method that considers how users can be systematically involved in the analysis, design and evaluation of gamification concepts.

Topics include but are not limited to:
- Methods to develop user-centered gamification concepts.
- Analysis of user needs and preferences in gamification.
- Motivational affordances and their role and meaning in gamification.
- User adapted gamification concepts and their influences on user behavior.
- Analysis of the meaning of competition and collaboration in gamification.
- Analysis of related concepts such as digital nudging for user-centered gamification.

RELEVANT DATES

- Submissions due by March 15th
- Replies by April 15th
- Workshop date June 10th/11th

SUBMISSION INFORMATION

We will accept research in progress papers (7 pages) as well as full papers (15 pages) (References included in page count, single -spaced pages, Times New Roman 11pt). The template is based on the ECIS 2019 template and can be downloaded here: http://downloads.wi-kassel.de/ECIS19/Template_ECIS_19_Workshop_User-Centered_Gamification.doc

Interested researchers can submit their papers by sending them as PDF document and a list of all authors with their affiliations and e-mail addresses to the following address: gamification_workshop at wi-kassel.de

Each submission will be reviewed non-anonymously in a juried process in accordance with their fit to the workshop goal. We intend to provide feedback to each of the participants submission.

CONTACT INFORMATION OF ORGANIZERS

- Sofia Schöbel (University of Kassel, Information Systems, Germany, E-Mail: sofia.schoebel at uni-kassel.de)
- Andreas Janson (University of Kassel, Information Systems, Germany, E-Mail: andreas.janson at uni-kassel.de)