[AISWorld] 2019 AMCIS Social Project..

Lakshmi Iyer iyerls at appstate.edu
Thu Jan 24 11:36:57 EST 2019

Dear Colleagues:

As many of you are aware, AMCIS 2019 is introducing a new and exciting
initiative as a part of an effort to expand its impact and leave a positive
footprint in the communities we visit. This initiative is a Social Project
that is not geared towards raising money for a good cause but focused on
what we do; developing technology-based solutions for issues affecting
businesses and communities in the rural Mayan areas near Cancun. Moreover,
this is not a project to be executed merely by the Organizing Committee but
by AIS members and their students. The project can be done in advance and
not during the conference.
https://amcis2019.aisconferences.org/social-project/
This can be a great opportunity for any capstone project.

*Description*
After some research, the AMCIS 2019 Social Project Co-Chairs have
identified 3 potential beneficiaries of this initiative. Each of these
groups has many needs and benefit from different and multiple
technology-based projects. We do not expect to do all the potential
projects nor be able to help all three communities but we developed a
portfolio of projects so that AIS members and their students could look at
different options in which they can participate.

Please review this 2019 AMCIS Social Footprint Project
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v6HItxB2EvrK2fHG6OAVmMi8AmvhP1oZkzTmeE6825A/edit?usp=sharing>
sheet
<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v6HItxB2EvrK2fHG6OAVmMi8AmvhP1oZkzTmeE6825A/edit?usp=sharing>
that provides instructions. This is an editable sheet with 4 tabs. First is
the notes tab the  provides an overview of the initiative, the next 3 tabs
provide details for each of the 3 communities that the program aims to help.
(If link above does not work, copy and paste this in your browser:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1v6HItxB2EvrK2fHG6OAVmMi8AmvhP1oZkzTmeE6825A/edit?usp=sharing
)

Invitation
All AIS members and their students are invited to participate in this
exciting and forward-looking Social Project. If you are interested, please
contact Lakshmi Iyer (iyerLs at appstate.edu <iyerls at appstate.edu>), Marina
Kriscautzky-Laxague (mkriscau at unam.mx), or Babita Gupta (bgupta at csumb.edu)
at your earliest convenience.

________________
Lakshmi Iyer <https://sites.google.com/a/appstate.edu/iyerls/>, Ph.D.
| Professor of IS and Director of Graduate Applied Data Analytics Program
Computer Information Systems and Supply Chain Management
Walker College of Business | Appalachian State University
3140-D Kenneth E. Peacock Hall | 416 Howard Street
Boone, NC 28608 | USA
828-262-6823 <(828)%20262-6823> | iyerLs at appstate.edu |
msanalytics.appstate.edu  <http://msanalytics.appstate.edu>
Innovate for Good <http://innovate.appstate.edu/>: Check out the STEM
Summer program for girls
Don't hesitate to ask me about free academic resources for analytics
offered by Teradata University Network
<http://www.teradatauniversitynetwork.com/>