[AISWorld] AMCIS 2019 CFP: Mini Track 6: Health Equity

Musa, Philip F musa at uab.edu
Sun Feb 3 11:21:09 EST 2019

25th Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS) August 15-17, 2019 Cancun, Mexico.

Mini Track 6: Health Equity [Part of SIG GlobDev]
https://amcis2019.aisconferences.org/submissions/track-descriptions/#toggle-id-12

Mini Track Chairs: Nilmini Wickramasinghe, nilmini.work at gmail.com<mailto:nilmini.work at gmail.com>

                                &

                              Philip F. Musa, musa at uab.edu<mailto:musa at uab.edu>

Deadline for Submissions: 1 March 2019

As noted by the WHO: Equity is the absence of avoidable, unfair, or remediable differences among groups of people, whether those groups are defined socially, economically, demographically or geographically or by other means of stratification. "Health equity" or "equity in health" implies that ideally everyone should have a fair opportunity to attain their full health potential and that no one should be disadvantaged from achieving this potential. Health Equity comes in multiple forms including access to healthcare, quality across social strata, demographic dimensions, and affordability. Policy under many of these circumstances tends to come from the government at central, regional and local levels. Health Equity and Policy also crosses over international boundaries. Globally, there are institutions such as WHO that have an interest. For example, the Institute for Health Metrics and Evaluation (IHME) and WHO that worries that governments under-invest in human capital because rewards arrive slowly, e.g., it can take 20 years to raise a healthy, educated cohort of young people and another 50 for them and their successors to replace the creakier generations currently in the workforce.

The objective of this mini-track is to identify appropriate, efficient, high quality, high value and sustainable solutions for better health equity globally. We are soliciting work-in-progress and completed research papers covering technical organizational, behavioral, economical, and/or managerial perspectives in this area. Topics for consideration would include (but are not limited to):

* Policy formation and evaluation
* Measurement of health equity
* Case studies of local, regional and national interaction
* Health literacy
* Technology medicated solutions to reduce health inequalities
* Social determinants of Health in Developing economies
* Health disparities in Developing Economies
* Healthcare Infrastructure and capacity building
* Public Health Emergency management Systems and Operations Centers
* Lessons learned from Public Health Epidemics (e.g., Ebola, Zika, H5N1, etc.).
* Application of technology for Healthcare Surveillance (e.g., Acute Flaccid Paralysis)
* Readiness for Cloud Computing to enhance Healthcare in Emerging Economies
* Implementation of cleaner and alternative energy for Healthcare outreach
Thanks, and looking forward to your presentation in beautiful Cancun!

Philip Musa
Philip F. Musa, PhD, PE, MPH, MSEE | Associate Professor & Director of Management Programs
                                                    | Faculty Senate Liaison for Collat School of Business
Collat School of Business | Department of Management, Information Systems, and QM
UAB | The University of Alabama at Birmingham
CSB 381 | 710 13th Street South | Birmingham, AL 35294-4460
P: 205.934.8844 | musa at uab.edu<mailto:musa at uab.edu>
uab.edu<http://uab.edu/> | uab.edu/business<http://www.uab.edu/business>
Knowledge that will change your world