[AISWorld] AMCIS 2019 CFP: Cyber Crime, Cyber Terrorism, & Hacker Culture

Miloslava Plachkinova MPLACHKINOVA at ut.edu
Tue Feb 5 09:13:05 EST 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We kindly invite you to submit your manuscripts to the Cyber Crime, Cyber Terrorism, & Hacker Culture minitrack, under the Information Security and Privacy track of the 2019 AMCIS conference, which will take place on 15-17 August, 2019 in Cancun, Mexico Submission
deadline is March 1, 2019. Following is a short description of the minitrack.

The growing number of terrorist incidents over the past few decades have resulted in a large amount of concern, research, and action against acts of terrorism within our cyber space. As our society continues to rely extensively on technology, the threat posed to nations from terrorists is no longer just physical but also expands to our digital world. This minitrack aims to shed more light on the issue of cyber crime and cyber terrorism by also exploring the hacker culture and motivation. Some possible topics to consider would be:

  *   Dimensions of cyber crimes
  *   Motivation and organization of hackers/hacking groups
  *   Policy implications of cyber terrorism and cyber crimes
  *   Prevention of cyber crimes and cyber terrorism
  *   The dark side of IoT and SCADA
  *   International approaches to fighting cyber crime and cyber terrorism
  *   Developing theory and constructs to better understand cyber crimes

We look forward to your submissions and if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

MILOSLAVA PLACHKINOVA, PhD, CISM, PMP
Assistant Professor of Cybersecurity

The University of Tampa
Department of Information and Technology Management
(813) 257-3207
mplachkinova at ut.edu<mailto:mplachkinova at ut.edu> | www.ut.edu <http://www.ut.edu/>