[AISWorld] MISQE Blockchain Special Issue Submission Deadline Extension

Mary Lacity MLacity at walton.uark.edu
Mon Feb 11 09:52:09 EST 2019

The  MISQE Blockchain Special Issue submission deadline has been extended to February 28, 2019. Please submit through the MISQE online review system. (see https://aisel.aisnet.org/misqe/ for instructions.)

This special issue of MIS Quarterly Executive aims to examine the strategic opportunities, management challenges, and emerging practices to realize the promised value of blockchain technologies. We encourage submissions based on original in-depth case studies or other field-based research that provide practical frameworks, proven best practices, and rich descriptions of clearly valuable blockchain applications. Our aim is to attract papers that highlight what is real, live, and being used rather than what is merely aspirational. We also encourage studies of organizations with worthwhile social missions, such as bringing financial services to the 2 billion people who lack access, protecting the property rights of people with low economic status, and protecting the integrity of political elections. Original case studies of working groups seeking to establish standards or regulatory bodies seeking to clarify rules in a post-blockchain world are also welcome. The managerial implications/lessons from the cases/field studies should be generalizable for Chief Information Officers and for other C-suite executives.

You may contact the Special Issue Editors:
Mary Lacity, University of Arkansas, mclacity at uark.edu
Rajiv Sabherwal, University of Arkansas, RSabherwal at walton.uark.edu
Carsten Sørensen, London School of Economics, c.sorensen at lse.ac.uk

Dr. Mary C. Lacity