[AISWorld] Deadline Extension to February 21: SCECR 2019 - Hong Kong

LI, Xitong lix at hec.fr
Wed Feb 13 04:53:02 EST 2019

Due to many requests, we decided to extend the submission deadline to *February
21*.

The 15th annual Symposium on Statistical Challenges in Electronic Commerce
Research (SCECR) will take place in the vibrant and modern city of Hong
Kong on *June 11-12, 2019*.

We will assemble a rigorous set of papers for presentation at SCECR, and we
invite submissions that highlight statistical challenges and empirical
opportunities related to electronic commerce, big data, Internet of Things,
and related areas. The symposium's theme will be "*The Crossroad of AI,
Statistics, Econometrics and Society*". We welcome submissions from a broad
range of topics, including, but not limited to, electronic markets, social
media, FinTech, digitization of industries and products, and virtually any
data-driven phenomena. We welcome methodological contributions related to
statistics, data mining, machine learning, econometrics, and other
empirical approaches motivated by data. *Submissions should highlight the
statistical and empirical challenges* that arise from the collection,
analysis, and modeling of data. Please visit the symposium website (
http://2019.scecr.org/) for more details.

**The extended deadline for submission is February 21, 2019**, and
notifications will
be sent on February 28, 2019. Authors should submit a two-page extended
abstract (excluding references, figures, and tables) that outlines the
research and the corresponding empirical challenges. Abstracts must be
submitted in PDF format on Conferency <app.conferency.com/scecr2019> (you
need to register to submit papers).

Details about travel, hotels, and the venue will be provided on the
website. We will recommend activities before and after the symposium.

We look forward to welcoming you to Hong Kong in June 2019!

The Organizing Committee,

Michael Zhang, Chinese University of Hong Kong
Galit Shmueli, National Tsing Hua University
Rong Zheng, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Xitong Li, HEC Paris

Best,
Xitong
Xitong Li, PhD
Associate Professor in Information Systems
HEC Paris, France
Editorial Review Board, *IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management*
http://www.hec.edu/Faculty-Research/Faculty-Directory/LI-Xitong
http://www.mit.edu/~xitongli/