[AISWorld] AMCIS-Minitrack: The Dark Usage of Information Technology

jzhang90 at ustc.edu.cn jzhang90 at ustc.edu.cn
Mon Feb 18 08:23:47 EST 2019

We invite submissions to our AMCIS-Minitrack on The Dark Usage of Information Technology.  This mini track is part of the SIG ADIT track on Adoption and Diffusion of IT (https://amcis2019.aisconferences.org/submissions/track-descriptions/#toggle-id-2).

The use of information technology (IT) can be a double-edged sword. On the one side, IT usage makes workers much more productive and provides a competitive advantage for organizations; on the other side, misuse or abuse of IT can also lead to negative consequences to individuals, organizations, and societies, such as Internet addiction, online deviance and crime, the lack of boundary in employees’ work-life balance, security attacks and data breaches, and algorithmic bias in AI decision making. There are considerable studies depicting the bright side of IT usage. Only in recent years we start systematically investigating the possible negative aspects and consequences of IT usage. This mini track calls for researches which help both academia and practitioners to understand antecedents, processes, and consequences of the dark usage of IT and possible solutions for alleviation.

Further information about AMCIS in general and the paper submission process is published here: https://amcis2019.aisconferences.org/submissions/call-for-papers/ .

Best regards,
Jun Zhang (on behalf of Qiqi JIANG and Lele KANG)