[AISWorld] History of business analytics

Nik Rushdi Hassan nhassan at d.umn.edu
Fri Feb 22 09:00:14 EST 2019

Dear colleagues (especially heads of departments offering degrees in
business analytics)

The emerging (perhaps exploding) field of business analytics has resulted
in a rather fragmented development of the field in terms of goals, vision,
emphases, etc., with different programs a variety of labels including
Business Analytics with a spattering of Data Analytics and Data Science

Although there's a lot written on it already, I'm investigating the less
studied history of this phenomenon which we will collectively call
"business analytics" especially in business schools around the world.

Please reply with the following information about your program if your
business (or Information/Commerce) school offers a major or minor in
business analytics:
1. Level offered (Masters/Undergraduate/Both)
2. Date the degree was established (Month/Year)
3. Name of the degree (Business Analytics, Data Science, etc)

Please reply directly to me at nhassan at d.umn.edu or you can share your info
by filling out a short Qualtrics survey
<https://umn.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5goFAEZFx8fj9qZ>which shouldn't take
more than 1 minute. As usual I will share with the listserv the results of
the survey

Thank you for volunteering your information so we can all see the evolution
of this degree through the years.

Sincerely
Nik

--
Nik Rushdi Hassan, PhD and Assoc. Professor of MIS
Head, Dept of Management Studies
Email: nhassan at d.umn.edu
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/nikrushdi/