[AISWorld] Deadline Extension: 30th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications - DEXA 2019

Hesti Sudjana hesti.sudjana at jku.at
Mon Mar 11 07:18:31 EDT 2019

       We apologize if you receive multiple copies of this CFP

                          C  A  L  L   F O R    P A P E R S

    30th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems
Applications - DEXA 2019
                                       Linz, Austria

               August 26 - 29, 2019

                              http://www.dexa.org/dexa2019
                                email: dexa2019 at iiwas.org
             Paper submission:
https://confdriver.ifs.tuwien.ac.at/dexa2019

***** IMPORTANT DATES *****
> Submission of full papers: March 31, 2019 (Extended)
> Notification of acceptance: May 18, 2019
> Camera-ready copies due: June 08, 2019

***** PUBLICATION *****
All accepted conference papers will be published in a volume of "Lecture
Notes in Computer Science" (LNCS) by Springer Verlag. DEXA reserves the
right to accept papers only as short papers (up to 10 pages). Short
papers describe interesting and innovative ideas which still require
further technical development. Authors of all accepted papers must sign
a Springer copyright release form. Papers are accepted with the
understanding that at least one author will register for the conference
to present the paper. Papers without any registered co-author will not
be published.
Authors of selected papers presented at the conference will be invited
to submit extended versions of their papers for publication in the
Springer journal Transactions of Large Scale Data and Knowledge Centered
Systems (TLDKS). The submitted extended versions will undergo a further
review process.

***** SCOPE *****
Database, information, and knowledge systems have always been a core
subject of computer science. The ever increasing need to distribute,
exchange, and integrate data, information, and knowledge has added
further importance to this subject. Advances in the field will help
facilitate new avenues of communication, to proliferate
interdisciplinary discovery, and to drive innovation and commercial
opportunity. Since 1990, DEXA has been an annual international
conference which showcases state-of-the-art research activities in
database, information, and knowledge systems. DEXA provides a forum to
present research results and to examine advanced applications in the
field. The conference and its associated workshops offer an opportunity
for developers, scientists, and users to extensively discuss
requirements, problems, and solutions in database, information, and
knowledge systems. DEXA 2019 will be held in Linz, Austria from  26 to
29 August 2019.

***** TOPICS *****
DEXA 2019 invites research submissions on all topics related to
database, information, and knowledge systems including, but not limited
to the points in the list below. We also welcome survey papers, provided
that the survey fills a void or goes beyond existing overview papers.
- Acquisition, Modeling, Management and Processing of Knowledge
- Authenticity, Privacy, Security, and Trust
- Availability, Reliability and Fault Tolerance
- Big Data Management and Analytics
- Consistency, Integrity,  Quality of Data
- Constraint Modeling and Processing
- Cloud Computing and Database-as-a-Service
- Database Federation and Integration, Interoperability, Multi-Databases
- Data and Information Networks
- Data and Information Semantics
- Data Integration, Metadata Management, and Interoperability
- Data Structures and Data Management Algorithms
- Database and Information System Architecture and Performance
- Data Streams, and Sensor Data
- Data Warehousing
- Decision Support Systems and Their Applications
- Dependability, Reliability and Fault Tolerance
- Digital Libraries, and Multimedia Databases
- Distributed, Parallel, P2P, Grid, and Cloud Databases
- Graph Databases
- Incomplete and Uncertain Data
- Information Retrieval
- Information and Da- Modeling, Automation and Optimization of Processes
- NoSQL and NewSQL Databases
- Object, Object-Relational, and Deductive Databases
- Provenance of Data and Information
- Semantic Web and Ontologies
- Social Networks, Social Web, Graph, and Personal Information
Management
- Statistical and Scientific Databases
- Temporal, Spatial, and High Dimensional Databases
- Query Processing and Transaction Management
- User Interfaces to Databases and Information Systems
- Visual Data Analytics, Data Mining, and Knowledge Discovery
- WWW and Databases, Web Services
- Workflow Management and Databases
- XML and Semi-structured Data

***** SUBMISSION GUIDELINES *****
- Authors are invited to electronically submit original research
contributions or experience reports in English.
- The submitted manuscript should closely reflect the final paper as it
will appear in the Proceedings.
- For Formatting guidelines, please refer to
http://www.dexa.org/formatting_guidelines/
- Submission is made electronically in PDF format using our conference
management system (https://confdriver.ifs.tuwien.ac.at/dexa2019)
- The length of submitted manuscripts should not exceed 15 pages (for
Full paper) or 10 pages (for Short paper).
- Any submission that significantly exceeds length limits or deviates
from formatting requirements may be rejected without review.

**Duplicate submissions are not allowed**
Authors are expected to agree to the following terms: "I understand that
the submission must not overlap substantially with any other paper that
I am a co-author of or that is currently submitted elsewhere.
Furthermore, previously published papers with any overlap are cited
prominently in this submission."
Submitted papers will be double checked for duplicate submission
comparing them to public paper repositories. Duplicate submissions will
be rejected immediately without further review. Questions about this
policy or how it applies to a  specific paper should be directed to the
PC Co-chairs.

***** PC Co-chairs *****
Josef Kueng, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
(jkueng at faw.jku.at)
Sven Hartmann, Clausthal University of Technology, Germany
(sven.hartmann at tu-clausthal.de)
Upendranath Chakravarthy, University of Texas at Arlington, USA
(sharma at cse.uta.edu)

***** PC MEMBERS *****
http://www.dexa.org/dexa2019

***** Contact *****
For further inquiries, please contact the Conference Organisation Office
(hesti at iiwas.org)

Hesti Sudjana
Telecooperation Departement
Johannes Kepler University Linz