[AISWorld] CFP: 14th Global Sourcing Workshop, 18-21 December 2019, Obergurgl, Austria

Ilan Oshri ilan.oshri at auckland.ac.nz
Tue Mar 19 02:45:16 EDT 2019

Following the success of the past Global Sourcing Workshops, we are pleased to release this Call for Papers for the 14th Global Sourcing Workshop which will be held December 18-21, 2019 in Obergurgl, Austria. We have chosen this location and dates to make it easier for colleagues attending ICIS 2019 (Munich, Germany) to attend the GSW 2019.
 The workshop will aim to explore how new and emerging forms of (out-)sourcing and offshoring, challenge sourcing practices and theories, and consequently identify new directions for research and practice. This workshop aims to bring together viewpoints from various disciplines, including IB, Strategy, OM, OB and IS on global sourcing of IT, Business Services and Innovation. We also focus on teaching aspects related to outsourcing and offshoring with fast track for publishing high quality teaching cases in Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases<http://www.palgrave-journals.com/jittc/index.html>.
 Paper Track
 We invite research articles, work in progress and ‘focus on practice’ papers that investigate topics relating to global (out-)sourcing and offshoring. In particular, the workshop will endeavour to present the views from client, supplier and advisory viewpoints, from strategic, operational and social perspectives. Some of the specific themes that are of interest in this workshop are:

  *   Sourcing decision making
  *   Sourcing configurations (multi-sourcing, plural sourcing, etc.)
  *   Supplier and client capabilities and competences
  *   Contractual and relational governance
  *   Sourcing eco-system
  *   Impact sourcing
  *   Cloud services
  *   Crowdsourcing
  *   New and emerging sourcing models including robotic process automation, machine learning, artificial intelligence
  *   Captive (in-house) and shared service centres
  *   Backsourcing/re-shoring
  *   Knowledge-intensive services and innovation in outsourcing/offshoring
  *   Cultural and social aspects of sourcing practice
  *   Emerging topics and concepts in sourcing not covered above
We are interested in papers that are both conceptual and empirically-based.

Teaching Cases Track
 We are interested in teaching cases on outsourcing and offshoring which we would consider for publication in Journal of Information Technology Teaching Cases<https://au.sagepub.com/en-gb/oce/journal-of-information-technology-teaching-cases/journal203545> (JITTC).
 Since 2010 we have been publishing selected papers as book chapters in Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing<http://www.springer.com/series/7911> (by Springer<http://www.springer.com/>). It is likely that we will publish another book based on the papers from this Workshop. Furthermore, selected papers will be invited to submit a revised version of their paper to be considered for publication in Journal of Information Technology<https://au.sagepub.com/en-gb/oce/journal-of-information-technology/journal203546> and high quality teaching cases in  JITTC<http://www.palgrave-journals.com/jittc/index.html>.
 Important Dates:
•   April 5th 2019 – Deadline to submit extended abstracts/teaching case proposals to the Workshop on Global Sourcing (please note that we welcome early submission of abstracts and will aim to send the decision within 1 week).
•   April 12th 2019 - Notification of accepted extended abstracts/teaching proposals
•   May 17th 2019  - Registration deadline
•   October 4th 2019 – Deadline to submit full papers/teaching cases to the Workshop on Global Sourcing
•   November 15th 2019 – Reviews sent to authors
December 18-21 2019 – Global Sourcing Workshop, Obergurgl, Austria
 Paper Track: Extended abstracts should be between 600-800 words and should include contact details of all authors.
Teaching Track: Proposals for teaching cases should be between 600-800 words and include the teaching case outline and learning objectives. For teaching cases, the submission of full teaching case and teaching notes will be required.
 All submissions should be sent in MS Word format to: theglobalsourcingworkshop at gmail.com<mailto:theglobalsourcingworkshop at gmail.com>
with 'Abstract submission GSW 2019' as the subject of the e-mail.
 For preparation of full papers please follow Guidelines for Authors posted on the Workshop site: http://www.globalsourcing.org.uk/workshop/guidelines/
 The Workshop Venue and Accommodations:
Universitätszentrum Obergurgl in Obergurgl, Austria, is the workshop venue and hotel. Attending the workshop requires a stay at the Universitätszentrum Obergurgl for the duration of the Workshop (3 nights), unless they are sold out. At the moment, we reserved 25 rooms for workshop participants which will be booked and paid via the workshop as one amount consisting of registration fees and accommodation costs. You should not approach Universitätszentrum Obergurgl for accommodation matters.
 Registration and Accommodation fees:
Authors of accepted articles will receive an invoice to register and pay their accommodation by middle April 2019.
The cost for a single occupancy and the workshop registration fee is 750 EUR that includes 3 nights (18-21/12/2019) at Universitätszentrum Obergurgl on a bed & breakfast basis and 3 workshop dinners.
Should you wish to bring a guest (not participating in the workshop) to stay over with you, you will need to pay extra 80 EUR per night (240 EUR in total) which includes 3 workshop dinners for your guest. In this case please contact us and we will issue a separate invoice to pay for your guest.
Please note that we cannot book rooms outside this period. Should you wish to stay longer, you will need to make arrangements with a local hotel in Obergurgl. Please note that Universitätszentrum Obergurgl will be closed for Christmas as of December 21st 2019.
Important Links
Information about Obergurgl: www.uz-obergurgl.at<http://www.uz-obergurgl.at/>

Workshop Organizers:
 Julia Kotlarsky