[AISWorld] CfP: ACM/INFORMS Workshop on Market Design

Martin Bichler bichler at in.tum.de
Tue Mar 19 11:55:20 EDT 2019

CALL FOR PAPERS: ACM/INFORMS WORKSHOP ON MARKET DESIGN 2019 [1]

_June 28, 2019 in Phoenix, AZ_

(in conjunction with the ACM EC 2019 [2] conference)

This year's ACM/INFORMS workshop on market design will be organized by
the INFORMS Section on Auctions and Market Design [3] in conjunction
with the ACM EC 2019 conference. The workshop brings together
researchers and also practitioners designing markets, developing
algorithms and theory for multi-object markets with or without money.
The workshop is a successor of the 2018 INFORMS Workshop on Mathematical
Optimization in Market Design [4] and the 2018 Workshop on Frontiers in
Market Design [5].

Market design is a field of applied and theoretical research that sits
comfortably on the intersection of computer science, economics, and
operations research. In recent decades, the theory and applications of
market design have blossomed. In this workshop, we will focus on a set
of promising, new applications of market design. In particular, we are
interested in applications of market design which involve optimization
with complex allocation constraints, vast datasets and machine learning,
and dynamic pricing issues. We also want to explore problems which,
despite receiving ample theoretical attention, have not been implemented
in practice. We welcome theoretical and empirical papers that deal with
new domains of market design as well as papers that discuss practical
aspects of market design. Papers addressing applications and challenges
in particular domains such as energy or environmental markets are
particularly welcome. Topics include but are not limited to

 	* Machine learning in market design
 	* Mathematical optimization in markets
 	* Pricing and competitive equilibria in markets
 	* Iterative multi-object auctions
 	* Matching with constraints and complex preferences
 	* Dynamic/online mechanisms for selling goods over time

Our workshop is a one-day workshop with invited speakers, panels, and a
sequence of submitted papers. Due to time limitations, we are going to
accept a small number of papers so inevitably we expect that we will
have to reject also high quality papers. An invited talk will be given
by Professor Kevin Leyton-Brown [6] from the University of British
Columbia.

Authors interested in this workshop might also be interested in an
upcoming special issue on _Market Design and Analytics_ of the INFORMS
Information Systems Research [7] journal and the new department for
_Revenue Management and Market Analytics_ at Management Science [8].

ORGANIZERS

 	* Martin Bichler, Technical University of Munich
 	* Bob Day, University of Connecticut
 	* Alex Teytelboym, University of Oxford

 SCHEDULE

 	* Submission Deadline: May 6, 2019, 11:59pm PDT.
 	* Submission Page [9]
 	* Notification: May 20, 2019
 	* Workshop Date: June 28, 2019

SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
Authors should upload a PDF of their paper. There are no specific
formatting instructions. Submissions may either be working papers or
papers that have been published at an established conference or journal.
In the latter case, please include a citation. In addition to the PDF,
authors are asked to upload an abstract summarizing the results and
their relevance to the workshop. There are no length requirements. The
committee reserves the right not to review all the technical details of
submissions. Authors may submit papers that are already under review or
accepted in conferences or journals. There will be no published
proceedings. Submissions will be evaluated on the following criteria:

 	* Quality of submission as measured by accuracy and clarity of
exposition.
 	* Relevance to this workshop and its theme.
 	* Novelty of domain: we particularly encourage work on applications
that have been less explored.

Links:
------
[1]