[AISWorld] Management Business Review

Richard Watson rickwatson at mac.com
Mon Jun 17 20:37:55 EDT 2019

Hi
As the IS department editor for Management Business Review, I would like to update you on the progress of this new journal.
Please consider a submission. I will be at AMCIS in Cancun if you would like to meet with me to discuss your ideas.
Regards
Rick Watson
Management Business Review – A Grassroots Initiative to Bridge Practice, Education, and Research. <http://www.mbrjournal.com/>
www.mbrjournal.com <http://www.mbrjournal.com/>
A much wider global perspective: MBR will cover a much wider global perspective than any existing journal. During the current decade, the high-income industrialized countries have started to account for less than 50% of the global gross product, and China has become the largest economy in the world based on purchasing power parity.

We will publish MBR’s first four issues in February, May, August, and November 2020.  We plan to distribute their electronic copies free to 10 to 20 million readers.

As you can see from our attached plan and our webpage <http://www.mbrjournal.com/>, MBR now has advisors and editors from all of the top US and international business schools.  Briefly, MBR has 180 advisers, including editors of prominent research journals and 14 professors from Wharton; 13 from Harvard; seven each from Carnegie Mellon and   Dartmouth; six from North Carolina; five each from MIT, Stanford and UCLA; four each from Columbia and Northwestern; three each from Chicago, Cornell, Duke, INSEAD, London Business School, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, and NYU, and Southern California; and two each from Case Western Reserve, California at Berkeley, George Mason, Georgia State, Illinois, Imperial College, Ohio State, Texas, Thunderbird, Tufts, Virginia, and Yale.  Advisers also include 11 executives from Accenture, act2, Alidade, Ashridge Strategic Management Centre, Bain & Company, Deloitte, General Electric, Good Growth Capital, Mercer, and Monitor Deloitte who have published best-selling books for executives and articles in the journals like the Harvard Business Review.  Advisers will advise the editors on the strategic direction of MBR.  Their names are listed at the end of this plan.   29 of the advisers also serve as autonomous departmental editors who will recruit and accept papers.

Please let us know if you plan to contribute an article to the first volume.  Have you invited others to contribute articles to the first volume?

Also let us know who else we should reach out to for participation in MBR.  We would also appreciate it if you could share this communication with the colleagues in your school and in the global community.

Many leaders in our community are writing papers for the first volume (first four issues) of the journal. In addition to signaling the importance of MBR and its mission, these papers will reach a very wide audience and thereby impact important conversations about business.  So far, the following colleagues have committed to contribute papers to the journal:
Paul Argenti, Dartmouth
Rob Austin, University of Western Ontario
Srinivas Bollapragada, General Electric
Richard Chase at Southern California
Prithwiraj Choudhury at Harvard
Maxime Cohen, New York University
Tom Davenport at Babson
George Day at Wharton
Richard Ettenson at Thunderbird <>
Paul W. Farris, University of Virginia
Ken Favaro, act2
Vijay Govindarajan at Dartmouth
Yael Grushka-Cockayne, Harvard Business School
Wally Hopp at Michigan
Chris Ittner at Wharton
Uday Karmarkar at UCLA
P. K. Kannan at Maryland
Ralph Keeney, Duke and independent consultant
Kevin Lane Keller at Dartmouth
Tarun Khanna at Harvard
Nirmalya Kumar at Singapore Management University
V. Kumar at Georgia State
Howard Kunreuther at Wharton
Christoph Loch, University of Cambridge
Yadong Luo, University of Miami
Ann Majchrzak, University of Southern California
John Paul MacDuffie at Wharton
Rita McGrath, Columbia Business School <>
Jan Van Mieghem, Northwestern University
Satish Nambisan, Case Western Reserve University
Geoffrey Parker at Dartmouth
Shivaram Rajgopal, Columbia University
Stefan Reichelstein at Stanford
Mohanbir Sawhney, Northwestern University
Paul Schoemaker, Wharton
Mark Spearman, Strategic Project Solutions
Craig Smith, INSEAD
Kannan Srinivasan, Carnegie Mellon
Jan-Benedict Steenkamp at North Carolina
Chris Tang at UCLA
Sridhar Tayur, Carnegie Mellon
Douglas Thomas, University of Southern California
Michael Toffel, Harvard Business School
Gregory Unruh, George Mason University
George Westerman, MIT
David Young, INSEAD
Shaker Zahra, University of Minnesota
Almost all of them have published in the Harvard Business Review.