[AISWorld] Job Opportunity: Lecturer in Artificial Intelligence for Business (Permanent Role in the UK)

Sankar Sivarajah U.Sivarajah at bradford.ac.uk
Wed Jul 31 04:58:38 EDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We are seeking an ambitious and outstanding Lecturer in Artificial Intelligence for Business to join the Triple Accredited School of Management at University of Bradford, UK.

The University of Bradford is a technology university with great strengths. This is an exciting time to join the Faculty of Management, Law and Social Sciences at the University of Bradford. As a leader in teaching, research and knowledge exchange, we have more than 50 years' experience of pushing the boundaries, regionally, nationally and internationally. We are proud to have 'triple accreditation' from the three leading international bodies, AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS. We perform well in the Financial Times (FT) rankings and continue to build on our research strengths in readiness for REF 2020. Our activities cover a full spectrum of business disciplines as evidenced through our academic programmes at UG, PGT and PGR. We are passionate about Making Knowledge Work.

The Faculty is currently taking a leading role to influence the Artificial Intelligence direction for the University and the School of Management is committed to support this strategy with the appointment of a Lecturer in Artificial Intelligence for Business to contribute to research and teaching capability in this field. The successful candidate will join the Business Analytics, Circular Economy and Supply Chain (BACES) Research Centre which is newly established and is a key area of future growth and investment for the School. We have recently successfully established a MSc in Logistics, Data Analytics and Supply Chain (CILT and CIPS accredited) and two undergraduate programmes in BSc (Hons) in Management and Business Analytics and BSc (Hons) in Finance and Business Analytics. These programmes were co-designed with input from leading industry professionals and the School continues to build strong links with key partners such as Amazon, Fujitsu and SAS. We are looking to maintain our growth in this area by recruiting skilled academic staff who can play a leading role in contributing to this ambition.

The ideal candidate must possess a Doctorate in a relevant field and will be expected to have a research track record at 3* or 4* CABS journal level and continue to be research active with some grant capture activity and ambition. The candidate will be expected to lead and contribute to the development and direction of Artificial Intelligence and Business Analytics programmes at School and University level. The post holder will also be expected to contribute to digital learning, working closely with established partners and contributing towards the School's leading FT ranked distance learning MBA programme. The candidate will possess quantitative analytical skills as well as have knowledge expertise covering key areas such as Applied Artificial Intelligence for Business, Machine Learning and Big Data for Decision Making. Specifically, the candidate must have technical skillsets such as business data analytics, modelling and simulation and have prior knowledge of using relevant software packages and open source tools such as R and Python for teaching within a business and management context.

The School is committed to providing support and development package for the successful applicant to transit from a more technical background to a business school community through mentoring by experienced academic colleagues and a clear development and progression process.

Informal enquiries may be made to Dr. Sankar Sivarajah Head of Research Centre, u.sivarajah at bradford.ac.uk.

Apply by 28 Aug 2019! More details: https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/BUE312/lecturer-in-artificial-intelligence-for-business

Kind regards,
Sankar

Dr Uthayasankar (Sankar) Sivarajah BSc (Hons), MSc, PhD, FHEA, MCILT
Head of Business Analytics, Circular Economy and Supply Chain (BACES) Research Centre
Reader, Technology Management and Circular Economy
Faculty of Management, Law and Social Sciences
Emm Lane, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD9 4JL (UK)
Tel: +44 (0)1274 234496
Tweet: @sankarsivarajah
Web: https://www.brad.ac.uk/management/

"Triple Accredited - Awarded to only 90 business schools globally out of more than 13,670 schools."