[AISWorld] Reminder: Information Systems Replication Project

Brown, Susan A - (suebrown) suebrown at email.arizona.edu
Mon Aug 5 18:16:13 EDT 2019

We invite you to be a part of history. AIS Transactions on Replication
Research is partnering with MIS Quarterly to launch the Information Systems
Replication Project. Our goal is to replicate 25 articles published in MISQ
and other top IS journals. The project will produce an editorial in MISQ and
individual papers in TRR.

There has been much discussion about a "replication crisis" in social
sciences, in which a meaningful proportion of replications produce results
that are different from the original study. Our experience at TRR from three
years of publishing replication research has been opposite: a meaningful
proportion of research replications have produced results that are
essentially the same as the original study.

With your help, we will produce a comprehensive and newsworthy result that
will address whether the "replication crisis" seen in other social sciences
also applies to our discipline.
Our process is similar to that of replication projects in other disciplines.

  *   Identification of interested authors and the paper they will replicate
  *   Review and conditional acceptance of the paper without data
  *   Data Collection
  *   Review and acceptance of the final paper with data

We have three cohorts in the review cycle, but papers will be reviewed and
accepted on an ongoing basis.

Full details are available at:
https://aisel.aisnet.org/trr/aimsandscope.html

To join the project, please email Taylor Wells
(taylor.wells at byu.edu<mailto:taylor.wells at byu.edu>) and tell us who is on
your team and what paper you are planning to replicate. If you have already
collected the data and wish to submit a completed paper for the project,
please submit at: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ais-trr and indicate in
your cover letter that the submission is for the replication project.

Thanks
Sue Brown, Alan Dennis, and Taylor Wells

Sue Brown
APS Professor and Department Head
Management Information Systems
The University of Arizona