[AISWorld] AMCIS 2019 - Getting to the hotels from the Airport in Cancun

Garfield, Monica MGarfield at bentley.edu
Wed Aug 7 11:02:04 EDT 2019

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D54D0F.8B2343D0]AMCIS Airport Transportation

Dear AMCIS participant,

As the time for our great conference approaches, we would like to provide you with some advice regarding transportation in Cancun.

Taxis in Cancun are very expensive, especially those from the airport. If you plan on staying most of the time in the hotel area, we recommend that you hire shuttle services in advance. You can find it in most travel platforms. For AMCIS participants, we have also included the following link to arrange for your transfer, and / or side tours (this is an independent service and, even though it is very reputable, AIS is not responsible for any problems that may arise):
http://gruporoyale.net/shop/home.php?lang=2&event=129<https://nam03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fgruporoyale.net%2Fshop%2Fhome.php%3Flang%3D2%26event%3D129&data=02%7C01%7CMGarfield%40bentley.edu%7Cc26cb06024d8418a45d608d71a0659a7%7C9030beae3cfc4788a9e2130204ff1f10%7C0%7C1%7C637006486892911839&sdata=j1vWdGtfuCYqgP9uIsprq5zFlms%2FB9%2F7CF7BQGwib68%3D&reserved=0>

If you plan to move continuously before and after the conference to the many exciting nearby attractions in the Riviera Maya or in the neighboring state of Yucatán, your best bet maybe to rent a car. Driving in the area is neither complicated nor dangerous, as long as you respect the signs and speed limits. As anywhere else in the world, it will be better if you travel in daytime and stay in the main roads. There are many car rental agencies in Cancun airport. It would be better, however, to reserve in advance.

If you still decide to go for the taxi option, rates are fixed at the airport, but in the rest of the city you have to negotiate, and agree on a fee with the taxi driver before boarding. They do not use meters, so it is important to agree beforehand to avoid unpleasant surprises.

See you in Cancun for the best AMCIS ever!

Guillermo Rodríguez-Abitia and Carlos Ferran
AMCIS 2019 Conference co-chairs.