[AISWorld] Call for Papers at ECIS 2020, Track “Digital Inclusion in Education, Work, and Society”

Safa'a AbuJarour safaa.abujarour at uni-potsdam.de
Tue Sep 10 19:29:20 EDT 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit your papers to the track “Digital Inclusion in Education, Work, and Society” at ECIS 2020.

***** Description *****

Recent developments in digital technology have been reshaping almost all aspects of our lives, including work, education, and social life. Despite the many opportunities digital technologies bring about, they come with challenges that the academic community cannot ignore.

This track covers an evolving idea that is highly relevant to the Information Systems field: Digital Inclusion. The goal of this track is to raise awareness and generate scholarly debates about the opportunities and barriers for digital inclusion in our ever increasingly interconnected world. While the role digital technology plays in society has received attention in the last few years, research in this area is still fragmented. The need to produce a coherent body of literature that theorizes on the consequences of digital technology on individuals and social groups is still a pending task.

In line with the conference theme, Liberty, Equality, and Fraternity in a Digitizing World, this track responds to the aspiration for a more just society, in which digital technologies are an integral part. In this track, we welcome submissions - either as full research or research in progress - that analyze the role digital technologies play in different dimensions of contemporary life.

***** Topics *****

•                Digital inclusion and economic development

•                Digital inclusion of marginalized groups

•                Digital technology and individuals with impairments

•                Digital transformation and the future of work

•                Social Inclusion in the digital era

•                Online learning as platform for digital inclusion

•                Political freedoms in the digital space

•                Social networking sites and the digital inclusion

•                The ethics of digital inclusion

•                The inclusion/exclusion dichotomy of social media

•                Using ICT to achieve digital integration at work, education, and society

***** Submission *****

In this track, we welcome submissions - either as full research or research in progress.

Submission instructions and templates are to be found under the link (https://ecis2020.ma/call-for-papers-and-panels/ <https://ecis2020.ma/call-for-papers-and-panels/>).

***** Publication *****

High quality papers from this track will be considered for publishing in leading journals. These include:

·      Fast-tracking to the Information Technology for Development Journal (https://www.tandfonline.com/loi/titd20). We have started to discuss the opportunity to channel papers into a special issue with editor in chief of the Information Technology for Development Journal.

·      Fast-tracked development towards Internet Research (http://www.emeraldinsight.com/loi/intr). Internet Research (IntR) is an international and refereed journal that is indexed and abstracted in major databases (e.g., SSCI, SCI, ABI/INFORM Global). The topics published in IntR are broad and interdisciplinary in nature. The impact factor (2018) of the journal is 4.109.

***** Important Dates *****

•                Paper submission deadline: November 29, 2019

•                Acceptance notification: End of February, 2020
•                ECIS conference: June 15–17, 2020

Looking forward to your submission to our track at ECIS 2020.

Thank you and best regards,
Track Co-Chairs:
Safa’a AbuJarour, University of Potsdam-Germany
Antonio Diaz Andrade, Auckland University of Technology- New Zealand
Wafa Elgarah, Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane- Morocco

Safa’a AbuJarour
Teaching & Research Associate | PhD Candidate

Chair of Business Informatics, esp. Social Media and Data Science
Universität Potsdam, Germany

Digital Integration Research Group
Weizenbaum Institute for the Networked Society in Berlin, Germany

Webpage: www.abujarour-research.info <http://www.abujarour-research.info/>