[AISWorld] Asst. Professor, Tenure Track - IE Business School, Madrid, Spain

Ravindran, Kiron kiron.r at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 08:55:09 EDT 2019

The Information Systems and Technology Department at IE University´s School
of Business (http://www.ie.edu/business-school/*)*invites applications for
tenure-track positions at the Assistant Professor level to start in
September 2020. The IS&T department boasts a diverse and international
faculty of Engineers, Computer Scientists, Social Scientists, Applied
Econometricians, Computational Linguists, and IT Leaders.

We seek high quality researchers aiming to publish in top-tier
peer-reviewed journals. Interdisciplinary research is welcome and
encouraged. Successful candidates would also be excellent teachers in the
undergraduate and/or graduate levels. Teaching opportunities also exist at
the Executive MBA levels for the right candidate. While applying please add
the subject IS Undergrad or IS Grad to direct your application to the right
pool. Teaching experience and Spanish proficiency are desirable, but not
required.

Applicants must have earned a PhD in a relevant discipline and from a
recognized school, by the date of the appointment. We prefer candidates
that complement our existing research strengths in the following areas: IT
strategy and innovation, economics of Information Systems, e-business,
smart cities, e-health, big data and business analytics, machine learning,
cybersecurity, and emergent technologies.

Please include a cover letter and vitae, a research statement, a statement
of teaching philosophy, copies of recent publications, contact information
for three references, and evidence of teaching excellence (e.g., teaching
evaluations). Shortlisted candidates will provide reference letters.

We will be holding interviews at *INFORMS 2019* Conference and *ICIS 2019*.

The search will continue until the position is filled.

For an interview at *INFORMS*, send your application by October 15th

For an interview at* ICIS*, send your application by November 15th.
Selected candidates may be invited to a preliminary screening interview via
Skype.

The search will continue until the position is filled.

Please send your application in electronic form with the subject heading *IS
undergrad *or *IS Grad **to*

Sara Flores

Recruitment Coordinator

INFSYS at ie.edu   + 34 915689781

IE Business School is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strongly encourages
applications that can expand our ethnic and gender diversity.

IE Business School is in the heart of the financial district of Madrid,
Spain. Madrid is a vibrant, modern and cosmopolitan capital city of 6+
million inhabitants. It offers a wide range of professional and leisure
opportunities. To learn more about us, please visit
http://www.ie.edu/business-school/.

Our masters’ and executive education programs are consistently rated among
the best in the world. Our faculty is research-focused, multi-cultural and
dynamic scholars from all areas of management.

IE University, which grew out of IE Business School, has taken a leading
position in Europe among institutions of higher education for its
excellence in innovation and learning technologies. In addition to the
Business School, the university consists of schools of Law, Global and
Public Affairs, Architecture and Design and the School of Human Sciences &
Technology. We also have a campus in Segovia, a World-Heritage city that
offers the pleasures of a small city environment 30 minutes away from
Madrid. Please visit: http://www.ie.edu/university/home/ to learn more
about IE University.