[AISWorld] I3E 2020, Skukuza, KrugerNational Park, South Africa – Call for papers

Yogesh K. Dwivedi ykdwivedi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 8 16:14:56 EDT 2019

*I3E 2020 – Call for papers*

*The 19th IFIP Conference on e-Business, e-Services and e-Society*

*Responsible design, implementation and use of information and
communications technology*

*6 – 8 April 2020*

*Skukuza, Kruger National Park, South Africa*

*http://i3e2020.org <http://i3e2020.org>*

The age of digital transformation opens up exciting new avenues for design
and application of ICTs.  Yet, with the ubiquitous connectedness of a
digitally transformed world, come unintended, unpredictable and often
adverse consequences for individuals, societies and organisations – in
developed and developing contexts.  Security, privacy, trustworthiness,
exploitation and well-being are some of the pressing concerns resulting
from new digital realities.

There is need for responsible design, implementation and use of information
systems (IS) based on critical awareness and ethical practices. As rightly
put by Schultze (2017: 65): *“As IS researchers we need to examine our own
practices - including the questions we ask, the methods we deploy and
theories we adopt – to understand and critically review our world-making”.*

The 19th IFIP Conference (6-8 April 2020) aims to bring together
contributions from a variety of perspectives, disciplines and communities
for the advancement of knowledge regarding responsible design,
implementation and use of information and communications technology. To
this end, we invite scholars, practitioners and research students to submit
and present their papers and findings to the 19th IFIP Conference on
e-Business, e-Services, and e-Society to be held in April 2020 in South
Africa.

*Submission guidelines*

Authors should submit original, unpublished research papers, not submitted
simultaneously at another journal or conference.  All accepted papers will
be published in the conference proceedings. Submissions should not be under
consideration for any other conference or journal outlet. Conference
proceedings will be published in a special volume of Lecture Notes in
Computer Science (LNCS) by Springer (TBC).

Submissions will be managed via the Easychair conference management system.

*Fast Track to Journals and Special Issues*

Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended and
revised version of their paper for fast track review and publication in the

*International Journal of Information Management (IJIM)*

*International Journal of Electronic Government Research (IJEGR)*.

More Special Issues will be announced in the conference website the
following weeks.

*Topics *

Theoretical and empirical papers describing employing quantitative,
qualitative, and/or critical methods are welcomed. More specific, areas of
interest include, amongst others, the following:

*Digital Business*

Innovative e-Business models

Disruptive technologies

Inter-organizational systems

Business process integration

Business process re-engineering

e-Marketplaces, e-Hubs and portals

Digital goods and products

User behaviour modelling

User experience

Social networks and e-business

e-Risk management

e-Commerce

Supply demand and value chains

Mobile business

Big data driven organizations

Trust and security

Internet of things

Blockchain

Artificial Intelligence

*Digital Services*

e-Service composition and orchestration

e-Collaboration

Semantic web services

Service workflows

Social networks and services

Application service management

Service oriented architecture platforms

Virtual organisations and coalitions

Virtual enterprises and virtual markets

Agent-oriented e-Services

Ubiquitous, mobile and pervasive services

Human interfaces for e-Services

*Digital society*

e-Government (G2G, G2B, and G2C)
Smart cities and regions

Social networks and society

Internet of things

Blockchain

Artificial Intelligence

Open data initiatives
e-Democracy and e-Governance
e-Health

e-Education
Public e-Services for citizens and enterprises
One-stop government & service integration
Disaster monitoring and prevention systems
Mobile public services
Digital culture and digital divide
Privacy and security
Legal, societal and cultural issues
Public-private partnerships
International dimension of e-Government
IT-Platform for public service

Cyber safety

Technology use for sustainable development

Technology use for empowerment in a developing context

Socio-economic inclusion in the digital Era

*Venue:* The 19th IFIP I3E2020 Conference will be held at the Skukuza
conference centre, South Africa.  Skukuza conference centre is situated in
the biggest rest camp of the Kruger National Park in South Africa. Skukuza
Rest Camp in the Kruger National Park is a popular camp situated in the
heart of Big Five territory and is easily accessed by road and air travel.
Skukuza features a variety of accommodation options including camp sites,
21 furnished safari tents, semi luxury bungalows, cottages and 4
guesthouses.

*Important dates:*

Submission date: 30 October 2019

Notification to authors: 10 December 2019

Final version submission: 7 January 2020

Early bird registration: 10 January 2020

*Conference Chairs*

Marié Hattingh, Machdel Matthee, and Hanlie Smuts, University of Pretoria

*Conference Co-Chairs*

Yogesh, K Dwivedi, Swansea University, UK

Matti Mäntymäki, University of Turku, Finland

*Programme Co-chairs and co-editors of conference proceedings*

Machdel Matthee, Marié Hattingh and Hanlie Smuts, University of Pretoria

Ilias Pappas, University of Agder & NTNU, Norway

Yogesh K Dwivedi, Swansea University, UK

Matti Mäntymäki, University of Turku, Finland

*References:*

Schultze, U. (2017). What kind of world do we want to help make with our
theories? *Information and Organization, 27*(1), 60–66.

--
Professor Yogesh K. Dwivedi, PhD
Professor of Digital Marketing and Innovation
Email: y.k.dwivedi at swansea.ac.uk ; ykdwivedi at gmail.com
Home page:http://www.swansea.ac.uk/staff/som/academic-staff/y.k.dwivedi/
Associate Editor - Government Information Quarterly
Associate Editor for Digital Marketing Section - European Journal of
Marketing
Senior Editor (Europe/Africa/Middle East) - Journal of Electronic Commerce
Research