[AISWorld] Post-ICIS SIG GTM Workshop and Slam Session Submissions

Natalia Levina nlevina at stern.nyu.edu
Fri Oct 11 20:17:45 EDT 2019

Please join us for the 13th Annual SIG Grounded Theory Method (GTM) Annual Workshop in Munich, Germany

The AIS Special Interest Group on Grounded Theory Methodology is delighted to invite you to participate at the 13th International Workshop on GTM Research at ICIS (GTM) 2019 on Wednesday, December 18th, 1:30-7:00pm . This annual event has been designed to provide a collegial environment suitable to all researchers, from beginners to experts, in which we work to advance the use of the grounded theory method in IS research. Please come and join us to engage in important discussions of practical relevance in a friendly, constructive and learned atmosphere.

In addition to presentations focusing on this year’s theme, the 2019 workshop continues the tradition of deconstructing publishing on top journals and facilitating research troubleshooting.  We are looking forward to seeing you at the workshop!

Below is our SIG Workshop 2019 Program including new and exciting keynotes, and, our usual, published paper review process deconstruction.

Please submit to our annual Troubleshooting Slam Session by emailing Robert Gregory (rg7cv at comm.virginia.edu <mailto:rg7cv at comm.virginia.edu>) by November 15th, 2019 ( spots are limited).

The Troubleshooting Slam Session consists of a five minute presentations followed by five minute discussion, allowing researchers to discuss issues they are struggling with in using GTM during any stage of the project.   To submit please provide answers to the following questions (under 200 words total)

1)     Will you commit to registering and attending the workshop if your presentation is selected?(Yes/No)
2)     What is your name, affiliation, and stage of your career (e.g., PhD Student, non-tenured Faculty, tenured faculty)?
3)     What is the key issue you would like to be addressed to help you with your study? (One short paragraph)
4)     How do you use GTM? For which purpose? (One short paragraph)

Please also note that people are welcome to attend the workshop without presenting.  The workshop provides opportunities to participate throughout the program.
Time
Activity
13:30
Lunch and Introductions

14:00
SIG Updates: Natalia Levina

14:15
Scholarly Panel chaired by Daniel Schlagwein:
Revisiting the role of Context in GTM following JIT 2016 exchange

16:00
Break
16:15
Keynote 1: Nicolas Berente: Doing Computational GTM in Practice: Stumbling Blocks & Opportunities
16:45
Keynote 2: Sean Hansen: Deconstructing Publication Process - ISR 2019 paper
17:15
Slam Session
Present your own Challenge in Applying/Publishing GTM Papers
(4 min present; 5 min discussion) (chaired by Robert Gregory)
18:30
SIGGTM Annual Meeting & Election Discussion
Chair: Natalia Levina, Secretary: Susan Gasson
19:00
Closure
19:15
Drinks and Dinner – to be organized during the workshop (not included in the fee)

FEE STRUCTURE:
Early
Regular
On-site